Can politics be termed a business

Carpon

Valued Contributor
In my opinion I can see politics as both a business and not but all depends on how you decide to view it. How you see something determine what judgement you will pass about it
Since this is a forum for business people I guess I can find many views as to whether politics is a business from which you get or make money.
If I talk about this many will think am taking and referring to the corrupt ways people follow and accumulate wealth dubiously in the political arena.
But there are many other things which define the world of political and you can make use of your office to promote your business or even build a business not by looting but by taking advantage of the privileges that exists for anyone in political office
Please share your views about taking politics as a business or not.
Will anticipate your thoughts. Thank you.

Mastergp

Verified member
Well politics shouldn't be seen as a business, instead it is an avenue which power is being served in behave of the masses but that is not what is happening, the power of the people have being thwarted down including separation of power which move power to the people and making the law paramount as being push away.
Now people pay money in order to acquire politic positions, instead of earn it through ones qualities and charisma the pay huge amount of money to buy a politic seat thereby making thing difficult for the masses. Most time their decisions are usually personal the don't request for the public view on a particular issue they act on it selfishly because they we're not chose by the people but instead by their selves because they paid for it.
Politics in effect is meant to elect at least a person who would care for the people needs. But we have come to see that it has being plaid differently by so called politicians who use the money or resource meant for the people for their own self they use the people resources to care for their family and themselves.
Most times the also use it to acquire wealth for them selves by sending their children to school abroad, and buying different asset like houses and cars and acquiring many landed properties without thinking about the people he was elected to rule over.