Can Drinking Excessive Water Be Bad For Your Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Majority of the people know that water is very important part of our life. There are so many doctors who claim that dehydration is bad for us. However, have you ever thought about what happens when you just drink too much water? The opposite term for dehydration is "over hydration". There are many other words for this condition that are knows as "Water toxicity" and "water Poisoning". This condition could kill you due to various reasons. When you drink too much water, your body becomes unable to deal with the excessive amount of water and your kidneys are basically not able to deal with that much amount of water. On the other hand, drinking too much water could also lead to low sodium levels in the blood.

This can becomes seriously life-threatening once you start experiencing extreme drowsiness, headaches, and pressure in your head. There have been many cases of people dying due to water poisoning. So, how can you avoid such condition? The first thing is to understand that excess of any thing could be bad for you. So, you must never eat or drink something too much in an excessive way. You must know how much water your body requires. You must also check for medicines that could lower down your sodium levels and cause thirst, as they could possibly lead to water poisoning.

Ayeshabashir

It is true that water is the essential part of our body .if we don't drink water then it is impossible to live on earth .But as we all know that excess of everything is bad .We should eat and drink every thing in balance amount so that it may not harm your body .Like that we should drink water in balance quantity because if we drink too kuch or excess water then it may proves harmful for our healtha and also lead to many life threatening problems.
The normal quantity of water that we can drink in a day is 2 liters and if we drink water above this amount then as you said in your thread that due to high level of water in our kidney ,the balance of electrolyte will distribute which can lead to many health problems like headache etc
Drinking excess water not only cause headaches but sometimes it may become the reason of fatigue, cramps and vomiting etc .
As water is very crucial for our health because through water, our internal body system is maintaine and also release many toxic chemicals or substances from our body .So, always drink water in balance quantity to in order to make your body healthy and fit

E

eldavis

Like they say too much of everything is bad. Based on research, too much water can also be called water intoxication, this might occur when someone consumes more water than their kidney can handle. Though I can't really explain it with the right words, but its more like when you drawn, intake of too much water would flood your insides. This could also lead to death.

blessingc

Water is a necessity, it is one of the substances that cannot be replaced in our body. It has alot of health benefits nevertheless according to research drinking it excessively is a problem that can cause harm to the health also.

It is very difficult to find a case as too much of water, alot of people don't even drink water as much as they ought to, so drinking excessive water cannot be by accident, except in a case of getting drown in water, because when you take in water, you know when you are satisfied, when your body can't take in more, and then is the right time to stop.

Nevertheless according to what I studied, I discovered that health officials has seen situations of people taking excessive water, as a result of water intoxication also known as water poisoning, water intoxication is a distruption of brain function caused by drinking too much water and they gave some effect of such acts.

When a person consumes an excessive amount of water and cells in their brain start to swell, the pressure inside their skull increases. And when it happens that way it shows some symptoms such as vomiting, severe headaches, drowsiness, confusion, difficulty in breathing, double vision, high blood pressure and many more.

Sodiq

Well, I think it is depends on what your idea of Excess you are talking about. As we all know that too much of anything can posed a danger to our health, And the same happen in the case of too much of water.The presence of water in our body is the principal chemical component and according to research, it makes up about 50% to 70% of our body weight. Thus, our body depends on water to survive , but too much of it is harmful to our body system.

Some of the reasons why drinking too much of water is harmful to our body are as follows;

Excess Of Water Causes Water Intoxication
Water intoxication or water poison is a condition that occurs when one's drink too much water, causing upsetting of electrolyte balances. Water intoxication can cause seizures, brain damage, can causes a coma and death even for healthy people.

Can Cause Brain Edema
Cerebral edema is one of the side effects of drinking too much of water, this takes place when fluid builds up around the brain, causing an increase in pressure which is known as intracranial pressure.

Excess Drinking Of Water Causes Stomach Irritation
This is not common, but drinking excess water leads to an imbalance in our electrolytes. This imbalance leads to irritation in our stomach which is a is a preliminary stage of hyponatremia.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The importance of drinking water sufficiently is something that can really not be overemphasized . But just like any other thing else it is not good for you to take it at an abnormally high amount which can be only to have some detrimental effects to the body .
It is important for you to know that the body already has physical and physiological mechanisms that is aimed at controlling the water level as well as the amount of water intake but there are some certain situations that can lead to somebody having too much water in his body.

Taking an abnormally high amount of water can be able to lead to cardiac overload . This is because water is going to find its way to the blood and then there's going to be excess amount of blood for the heart to pump and that is going to lead to a reduction in cardiac efficiency which can be very bad for health .

What are you so so important for brain survival and assault whenever there is so much water in the body it can be able to lead to cerebral edema which can be able to produce what somebody to so many heart diseases like ischemia.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I don't think drinking too much water is bad for a health because according to what I learned drinking water is good for a health and I heard that's too much of what I isn't bad for our health what's there's also is saying that sees to much of everything is very bad but I think what the is very good in the potty and I think it does more good than bad to the body.

What's on the other side I think drinking too much water can cause vomiting and dizziness to do putting sometimes it's Knievel cause headaches and stomach ache puts I think what the is also a remedy to all these sickness and I think we should drink water more often my doctor always tells me to keep hydrated because it is very good for the body we're we sweet its is actually some of the water in the body that is going away through the sweat and urine devil we should always tries replace it by drinking much water because it act you we clean our system to prevent sickness in our body it is also advisable to drink water every morning when we wake up.

Oluwasegun purpose

Drinking of water is a Best things in a human body. Water is life one can do without food in days but one can't do without water in a day I bet you become Dead , water plays a very vital role and important things in our body because there are many things which are not good in our system and in a particular place in our body so we need the help of water to take and flush them out of our system most time when we eat we need the help of water because when eating there are a place where some food we store so if we drink water it we help us to push those things out of our body. At least in a days we should at least drink 10 cup's of water in a day also water help us not to easily fall sick . Even most time when you fall sick some time doctors will advise to be taking enough water because they know the value and the used of water in how body system.so now with this you can now know how important water is to human. Because there's is a saying water no get enemy

Reedsalvey

Using my own example, I can say that each person has his own norm of water according to individual indicators. If I drink about 2 liters of water a day, I get swollen and my kidneys start to hurt. So it's all individual.

jhoncena

Yes, drinking excessive amounts of water can be bad for your health, a condition known as water intoxication or hyponatremia.
When you drink too much water, your body's natural balance of electrolytes can become disrupted. Electrolytes, such as sodium and potassium, help to regulate the body's fluid balance and are essential for proper muscle and nerve function. Drinking excessive amounts of water can dilute these electrolytes in the blood, causing a dangerous imbalance.
Symptoms of water intoxication may include nausea, headaches, confusion, seizures, and in severe cases, coma and death. This condition is most commonly seen in athletes who consume large amounts of water during endurance events, but can also occur in individuals who drink excessive amounts of water for other reasons.
It is important to note that the risk of water intoxication is low for most people, and drinking water in moderate amounts is generally considered safe and beneficial for overall health. However, it is important to listen to your body's thirst signals and to avoid drinking excessive amounts of water or other fluids. If you have concerns about your water intake, it is recommended to speak with a healthcare professional.