Shares/Stock Buy share or open a small business ?

greenieS

Verified member
What would you prefer if you had money: to buy a share in a small / large company and to think of a certain profit but it is not so much a hassle or you choose to invest in a mini business of your own, which be entirely yours and rely on the profit there?

I personally had a choice in the offline environment in buying certain shares or opening a mini business and I chose the second option and I am honestly satisfied for the moment. Indeed, it is more of a hassle, it takes up more time but it is yours, otherwise it is this satisfaction.

Which option do you think is the best and which one would you choose if you had the necessary finances?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A business of your own may require your time for the operation. If you cannot spare the time for a business then buying a share of a company is a good alternative. However, a share holder who is a part owner of the company has no involvement except the capitalization which is in the form of stocks (that you bought). Only the major stock holder are given the opportunity to be a director of the board and can sometimes join the operation as an executive or consultant. But for an ordinary stock buyer like us we just remain a part owner and nothing more.

With a business you have the decision and the authority especially if the business is a single proprietorship. However, the responsibilities fall on your shoulders that if you do not give your full effort then the business may fail and you lose your investment. I am avoiding a business due to the potential stress but I guess I have to start up to have a sort of income that I need.

E

eldavis

What stopping you from doing both? You can actually do both. Set up a small business of your own, while you do that, buy share ok other places on invest on other places. This is called multiple sources of income. Gone are the days one has to rely on just one source of income to survive, there needs to be multiple streams. I think the covid period made alot of persons understand the importance of having more than once source of income.

D

Deleted member 28127

Many people are scared of unpredictable results means they think that opening a store is not risky like shares so they are scared to buy shares means everything is about the psychic of the individual.