Shares/Stock Buy share in a sport team, what do you think ?

greenieS

Verified member
I'm curious if anyone here owns shares in a particular sports team in any sport. What do you think is a good choice to buy a share in a football / basketball / hockey team?

If so, how long do you think you will make a profit and how much money do you think you should have in the beginning?

If not, what are the disadvantages from your point of view? Why not invest in a team like this if you have the financial means?

If I had the financial strength, I would love to invest in a football team. Of course, depending on the team, the money is more to invest but the profit will be higher over time.

There is a professional basketball league here with teams named after cities and provinces in the style of the NBA in the US. Teams have shares offered to the public although I don't know if the stocks were accepted by the stock exchange or simply sharing like a partner in the company. Anyway, on the first year of operation there was no profit so the declaration is that the owners did not earn anything. On the 2nd year there was a profit which gave the league encouragement to move on. Unfortunately the following years were dismal and when the pandemic came in the league had stopped its operation. What happens now to the investors of the teams? They lost big money.

That is one risk in investing on a sports team. They only earn when the going is great but when the league experiences a snag the first to suffer are the teams and their investment would be a big loss.

It would be nice to invest on a sports team, especially sports like football which is very popular and common in almost every country. You just have to take your time to choose the club you would want to invest in. Find out all there is to know about them before investing in them.

I think it is like sports betting where you predict on soccer or football matches as supporters of team are increasing or decreasing depending on the soccer match result. The same thing is typically for buying shares or equity.