Build Your Career Form These Free Learning Sites

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether you want to work online or offline, you need knowledge and skills. In order to build knowledge and skills, you need to learn. Since education is also a multi-billion dollar industry, you need to spend a lot of money to learn. However, this is not always the case, there are a lot of platforms where you can learn for free and build knowledge and skills. Here are a couple of platforms that you can use for free to build skills and knowledge. When I say free, what I mean is they are absolutely free to learn.

FreeCodeCamp: If you are interested in learning how to code, freecodecamp.org is the best platform. The landing page says over 40 thousand people who learned coding on the platform managed to land jobs, including companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Spotify, etc. You can earn free verified certifications in various courses like Responsive Web Design, Data Visualization, Data Visualization, etc. There are over 9000 courses.

Alison: If you are looking for an Udemy-like learning site, where you can learn almost anything, but do not want to spend any money, you can try Alison. You can build knowledge and skill on various topics and use the knowledge and skills to build a career.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I know Alison, I have even tried a few courses on Alison. I don't mean to see every courses on Alison are great but based on my experience, Alison is a great platform to learn for free. If you want to learn a new skill or upskill, and do not want to spend money, this is the ideal platform. I have never heard of FreeCodeCamp. Based on what I have read here, this also seems to be a good platform if you want to build a career in programming. By the way, Alison also offer courses on programming. It is highly recommended.