Blogging Or Vlogging? Which One Do You Prefer?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Blogging is the act of writing posts on a blog site on different niches, we don't have a right way when it comes to blogging, you can do it however you want, professionally or just for fun, you can write about anything that interests you and there are various ways you can earn from your blog, immediately your start garnering traffic, some of which I've discussed in my previous threads.

Vlogging on the other hand, deals with sharing video contents on most of the times YouTube, TikTok, Instagram etc. This is also the same with blogging, you can share whatever contents you feel like, the only difference between the two is Vlogging is through videos and Blogging is through writing.

I personally, prefers blogging, because it's easier for me, I find writing easy and also fun, the moment I'm in the writing zone. I just flow nonstop and I also get to edit what I've written easily, because with modern tools like Grammarly, editing can be very easy, we can't say the same for Vlogging, you have to invest in a quality camera, you have to spend a lot of time editing contents, and standing in front of a camera can be a chore for a lot of people.

To cap it all up, personalities differs many people are wired differently, so what are your thoughts?

I blog and I also vlog, I make more money from adsnese on my vlog compared to blog, but I make more money on blog than from vlogs. If adsense is your primary income source, you can earn better on youtube. However, if you also sell ad space, do sponsor posts, sell ebooks and other digital products, you will be earning more from your blogs. THis is my experience, for other people youtube can be more profitable because one single endorsement deal can make you a lot of money.

A great blog or an entertaining vlog helps you attract people to your site. Both also allow you to engage with your audience, increase brand awareness and show your expertise. The main difference is that in a blog you mostly use written content, whereas in a vlog you use video to tell your story. Its depends on your skills.

I started blogging when I failed in vlogging. I really tried hard, eve spent about $100 to build subscribers and watch time so that I can pass monetization threshold. However, building 1000 subscribers and reching 4000 hours watch time is actually very difficult. You need to be very good content creator to make money from youtube, you also need seo knowledge to rank on youtube search as well as google search. Your videos must be general interest videos for you to make money. Yo need traffic from top tier countries because the pay rate for US Canada is higher than Africa.

If you ask me, I think both jobs has some kind of similarities except for the fact that you will be behind the camera as a blogger while you will be shown in it as a blogger, but talking about stress, I think blogging might more stressful, because you will have to rehearse before you can post any video on your social media account, you fans will always expect nothing but excellence from you, but it doesn’t happen like that in the other hand, as a blogger, you just have to be always feeding people with the latest news in town in which you can employ people to help you get news, so it is like less stress, but more money spent and vise versa

I blog and I also vlog, I make more money from adsnese on my vlog compared to blog, but I make more money on blog than from vlogs. If adsense is your primary income source, you can earn better on youtube. However, if you also sell ad space, do sponsor posts, sell ebooks and other digital products, you will be earning more from your blogs. THis is my experience, for other people youtube can be more profitable because one single endorsement deal can make you a lot of money.
Thank you for the explanation but it seems you have a good understanding of website and from your explanation ,you seems to be someone that have a website and you are already making money from this your website, ok I am interested in blogging but the problem is that I don't really know how it work and how people are even make money from this, some people will mention cpm and other blogging terms like that which I do not know... Please I would like you to help answer me some question , is it really possible for me to make up to $5 every day from blogging if I am capable of writing at least three articles payday ? What are the requirement that is needed before I can start making money from my blogging site ?