Benefits of blogging on a Decentralized platform

F

Fexonic1

Decentralized blogging platforms are the rave of the moment, you have no need to look for traffic or pay to host a site, just build a following and you are good to go. Are you blogging on any decentralized platform? Can you share your experiences?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I make use of WordPress for the website which I am using to do blogging. WordPress comes with a lot of benefit. WordPress is good for search engine optimisation as it comes with some of the plug-in that makes the job pretty much easier. Most of the Post you published on WordPress are usually appear first on Google search engine.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The only decentralized blogging platform that I know is Hive Blog. Hive Blog is a part of Hive platform and rewards users for publishing articles and commenting on someone's articles. Hive Blog pays through Hive Token than can exchanged with fiat currencies.be I don't know how beneficial is Hive Blog because I have never used it. I would have surely joined Hive Blog if I was not blogging on my self-hosted site. Since I have my own site that receives traffic and generates revenue, I never considered joining Hibe Blog. One of the main issues with using platforms like this one is you need to be very active in publishing, commenting, upvoting, following writers, socializing in order to earn.
Most of the blogging platforms that I know are centralized platforms. I use wordpress, WordPress is an open source content management system, it is not blockchain based, and not a decentralized platform.
I just searched on google and found that there are already a lot of decentralized blogging platforms. The one that showed on the top was called Mirror (mirror.xyz). Since the domain uses xyz domain, I was quite skeptical but the website has been featured on trustworthy media. The second was called sigle.io. Another one is called Steemit, siasky.net, etc.