Argentine congressman presented "pay me in bitcoin" bill

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The "pay me in bitcoin" bill is gaining momentum in the Argentina Congress at the moment. The workers in Argentina are likely to receive their salary in BTC if the bill is passed in the Congress

José Luis Ramón, a member of the Argentina Congress presented the bill in the house and this further makes the "pay me in bitcoin" project stronger. The bill stated that the workers will receive all their salaries either in bitcoin or part of their salary in bitcoin

“The idea is that they can strengthen their autonomy and conserve the purchasing power of their remuneration.” he states.
Considering the hyperinflation in Argentina, the the country is in dire need of bitcoin. The citizens could no longer store their wealth because of inflation . The Argentine peso is inflicted with a serious inflation

Ramón went on to state: “This initiative stems from the need to promote greater autonomy and governance of wages, without this implying a loss of rights or exposure to situations of abuse within the framework of the employment relationship.”

Argentina seems to be following in the footsteps of El Salvador, who made Bitcoin legal tender recently. And this plays into the recent theme of congressmen in South American countries pushing for adoption of Bitcoin.

What do you see to this

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It seems are realizing now how viable the bitcoin currency is and are highly pushing for its usage. Bitcoin is the future and the earlier we realize this, the better for us. I’m already trying to get my payment now in bitcoin I want to start storing more of them

Josemendez

Verified member
I too read this information from cointelegraph and in as much as it is a good thing , I also believe that the government should harken to the voice of the citizens, however the citizens should understand that there are consequences with this.
Their $100 salary paid today can turn $60 the next day. Cryptocurrency is not good as a store of value.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I love the drive of the Argentines towards BTC adoption, they just want to receive their payment through BTC, they've seen the reasons why, knowing too well it is very much faster when you're using it to receive and send payouts. They want to get the feeling of receiving salaries through BTC. I believe such protest will be attended to in the due course.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is also another welcome development coming from Argentina.I know it is just a matter of time and people will start knowing that cryptocurrency is really the future and there is nothing that can be done about it. there are a lot of countries adopting bitcoin on daily basis and this has also made a lot of people want to be interested in it. I am expecting the price of Bitcoin to skyrocket very soon.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Okay, here is another positive news about Bitcoin. Take note that there is also the news the Apple may buy a billion worth of Bitcoin. Are there some other news coming up? Unfortunately those "news" may be true or not, I really do not know. But unfortunately for the Bitcoin holders the value of Bitcoin continuous to drop below the $30k level today.

Mika

VIP Contributor
For someone who likes to build a fortune in cryptocurrency, news like this comes as a welcome note but I am always skeptical about using bitcoin as a payment service just like the Salvadorians or now this Argentian bill. Bitcoin transaction takes a long time for confirmation, how long can you wait in the shop for your bitcoin to be confirmed on the seller's account?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It seems are realizing now how viable the bitcoin currency is and are highly pushing for its usage. Bitcoin is the future and the earlier we realize this, the better for us. I’m already trying to get my payment now in bitcoin I want to start storing more of them
The pay me in bitcoin bill presented by the Argentine congressman had a lots buried inside of it . The number one thing is the strengthening the autonomous power of the common man. The autonomous power that as being enjoyed and mismanaged by the government. The government never wanted to listen to power segregation of money.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is a positive news towards Bitcoin.....As we keep hearing different kinds of news from around the world. Recently, we heard Apple is about to buy Bitcoin worth some certain amount of dollars. I think eventually all this news will contribute to the development of Bitcoin which is good for investors.