Are there people who make up their minds to remain poor?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
A lot of people have got different perspectives towards life and may not necessarily bother about certain cares of life that some others disturb themselves with. These set of people are already contented with the basics of life like the free air they breathe, little clothes they have got, good health and so many other blessings that are very important, which some of us may be considering as "small blessings".

That is why I have decided to create this thread to see if there are such people here or you may have come in contact with them . Sharing what made them to settle for this kind of lifestyle would be very much appreciated.

I will start by sharing some likely reasons why individuals could make up their minds to not bother about ever making attempts towards being rich.

1 THE VANITY OF LIFE: Some individuals think that life is not worth all the stress about trying to get rich, since you cannot take your richest with you when you die. For people like this, there is no need getting rich since both rich and poor people all die.

2. Family background: A lot of families that are poor make their children believe that getting rich is impossible, so the children do not even bother to make attempts.

What do you think?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are people who make up their minds to remain poor. They don't want to change or improve their situation in life, and they use any excuse they can to avoid the hard work it takes to move up.

If you're one of these people, you're missing out on a lot! It's not that hard to get out of poverty, but you have to be willing to put in the effort.

Some people think that if they spend more money on luxury items than other people, it will magically solve their problems. This isn't true! What it does is prevent you from being able to live within your means.

In fact, many of the people you see on street corners asking for money have made a conscious decision to live off of donations from strangers.
Many people this is the only way they know how to live.
There are other ways to live, but it's harder and requires more effort. You can never be sure if someone has decided to remain poor because they really want to or if they've just gotten too comfortable with a certain lifestyle. In everything you do, try hard not to find yourself in this category.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
There are people who make up their minds to remain poor. They don't want to change or improve their situation in life, and they use any excuse they can to avoid the hard work it takes to move up.

If you're one of these people, you're missing out on a lot! It's not that hard to get out of poverty, but you have to be willing to put in the effort.

Some people think that if they spend more money on luxury items than other people, it will magically solve their problems. This isn't true! What it does is prevent you from being able to live within your means.

In fact, many of the people you see on street corners asking for money have made a conscious decision to live off of donations from strangers.
Many people this is the only way they know how to live.
There are other ways to live, but it's harder and requires more effort. You can never be sure if someone has decided to remain poor because they really want to or if they've just gotten too comfortable with a certain lifestyle. In everything you do, try hard not to find yourself in this category.
That is the problem of our current world today, people becoming more and more irresponsible day by day. If only they could think outside the box , there are lots of opportunities that abound which would open doors for them, but no, we would rather sit and blame our backgrounds, family, the government, society or even the devil. This is the major reason why some of us still remain in the same condition every now and then without plans of ever changing because we are not even ready to take that hold step towards getting to the success we admire.

The fact still remain that sitting down to complain would never change anything at all, but we ought to think and sort out solutions to out problems because no one really cares, including the government that is responsible for making sure that all measures are put in place to get us to the level where would no longer rely on them , but that is not what they want at all . They want us to continue to rely on them so that they can be using the youths to achieve some of their own negative and selfish ambitions which their own children would not do for them.

Caramelle

Some people have certain beliefs about life and destiny that stop them from ever stepping up and getting themselves out of the poverty trap. These people believe that since they were born poor, they will die poor and that it would be useless to go against it. Some people believe in predestination and cite the lack of control over one's life and destiny as the reason why they would not bother uplifting themselves.

I grew up in the countryside and I've heard older people preach that money is the root of all evil. That must have influenced countless youths who look up to their elders for wisdom. It wasn't money per se but the love for money that could lead people astray.​

Rachael

Verified member
Yes, it could sound surprising but there are people who make up their minds to become poor indirectly. You do not have to hold a megaphone and publicize your choice to remain poor but the way you act or your actions towards making money would already determine your stance on the decision. For instance, an individual who boasts to earn over $200 monthly, yet he or she cannot spend the money wisely in achieving anything substantial but an individual who earns as low as $50 is more productive and has evidence of progress without even having to boast. When an individual cannot exhibit or inculcate the spirit of self-discipline in management of funds and setting of realistic goals, then such person has already signed an agreement with poverty. Poverty is indeed a state of the mind. Spending recklessly to impress people or showoff would only land you in nauseous debts and would do no good. There are people who relax and sleep all through the day with no struggles of making money yet they rely majorly on hope and destiny. They fail to realize that our destiny is in our hands and that is the main reason for our existence, to find out that purpose which is the essence of our being!

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of reasons people remain poor despite the fact that majority of people desire to be rich in life. the truth is that if wishes were horses, I do not think that anybody could be poor even those that does not believe being rich is worth it. Even though it is true that some people actually do not believe that being rich is for them because of their religious beliefs and also some superstitious beliefs. I would probably tell you that it is better to be rich than to be poor because there are so many things you can wish for in life, that poverty will lead you to do some bad things achieve. majority of the crime happening in the world today are majorly caused by poverty and this is one of the reasons why people must try as much as possible to fight it in a legitimate way. people's mentality is one of the main reasons that remain poor. A lot of people actually do not want to work but they have the desire to become rich. Laziness is one of the main reasons a lot of people also remain poor. If you desire good things you must work and be committed to achieve it.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Although that is totally insane , crazy , and inhumane there are still a lot of people today who make up their mind to be poor . But one thing we must understand that's the word Poor here doesn't mean for them to beg on the street or from people in order to feed rather they word poor here means they do not strive to make more money they are simply contented with their minimum income . Of course there are people like that even in my neighborhood . People develop this mindset as a result of viewing money as The Root of all evil and so in order to stay far away from the evil that money brings they simply do not strive to get rich at all .

In addition some people choose to be poor in order to avoid the situation of being too important , they like themselves the way they are and they do not want to be noticed or praised by the public . Also family members and relatives can influence one to noture the desire to be poor How ? , Well most individuals are from areas where their relatives and family members are not good to them at all and so because these individuals love life they wouldn't want to make themselves get noticed by their relatives or family members are getting rich .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I really conquer with what you have shared here. There are so many people in this world who decide to remain poor. They don't make any attempts to gain riches. It is great to remain contented with what we have. But it is also great to work hard on order to reach out highest potentials.

Some people live all their lives as pessimists. They view death so negatively such that they term it as a reason not to work hard in life. Well, this mentality is so wrong. It only prevents you from working hard and being the best that you can be.

As for other people, having a long generation of poor people is just proof that they cannot be rich too. But that is not the case. The story of your ancestors is so different from yours. You can live a different life. I know the resources passed down may be limited, but so many riches have been built from limited resources.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
@Rachael I strongly agree with all you shared and the most captivating part is where you said poverty is a state of an individual's mind. This is something that most of us are taking for granted.

You would see someone who does not have any reliable way of making money to sustain himself or his family, but still fails to develop a good sense of discipline to work on something that has got potentials to help emancipate himself from poverty. This is why is almost practically impossible to think you would ever be able to help such people because they can never change..

I personally still see some young people who are exhibiting such high level of unproductivity which has the potential of making them to end in poverty if they do not change their mindsets and work towards what is really working.

I personally try to earn from forum posting and get money so as to not be a burden on any one at all, but you would see fellow youths who should be doing same thinking I owe them something and would want my to help them with Money which o earned while they are wasting their time on things that do not have value.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think sometimes it boils down to ones mindset and life experiences but I don't think it is enough reasons for anyone to feel comfortable remaining or being poor. I have seen someone that have suffered so much to build a house, the person was still managing a thatch house to avoid paying rent, rather he channel the rent to building his own house and not up to 6 months he moved into the house he died.

Now it looks as if the person wouldn't even have bothered with working hard to build the house because all his sweat came to nought.As a young man with no wife or children his brother took over the house. So some people believe that since no one is sure of tomorrow that there's no reason of suffering too much for the things of life. if you can just have the basic then you should be enough with it

I wish life was more stable like one reaching certain age before death knocks I'm sure it would have helped a lot of people to put efforts in working for money. but regardless, we need to thrive and make money while we are still alive.

E

eldavis

I do not think anyone would openly or should I say willingly want to remain poor, but the truth of the matter is that in most cases you do not need to actually say it, your actions would determine your decision. The kind of habits some persons exhibit is not healthy at all. Ta achieve wealth, one needs to cultivate a habit of saving, and spending less. Most people tend to spend more than what they earn.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One thing I can say is that everything begins with the mindset. People doesn't deliberately decided to remain poor, their attitudes and behavior make them remain poor.

Another thing is that some people are contented with being poor. There are so many reason for this. The see state of being poor as their destiny so they decided not to strive hard to get out of it.

Some people have a religious belief that it is a sin to become rich or wealthy in this world. The believe that being rich is taking advantage of other people in order to grow wealth. As a result of this, they will never try or make efforts to become rich in life.

There are some people who don't know how to manage the resources they have at hand. This set of People waste their precious time doing something that are not productive.

Instead of channeling their time and energy do something that will improve their life, they prefer to engage infinix that doesn't add value to their life's like chatting, watching videos, playing games etc.

Some people like to spend beyond their income and also borrow alongside to acquire material things. This set of people do not have assets to their names and they remain poor as a result.

Oluwasegun purpose

There is no one In this life wish to be poor,the reason some people are poor is just only two reason is either the person is lazy ,there are some people who don't know how to work very hard to make money,if you can not work hard to make money then how do you want to became rich ,you can never become rich instead you will be poor...if you don't want to be poor in life why not follow these steps, go out and look for a jobs and become a salary earner,and when receiving your salary try to be savings part of your salary at least 10% of your income and see the benefits of it ....

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah I never believed anyone was ever made to be poor in this life but it just that some people are just poor in mind and make wrong choices in life and just plain lazy. You can imagine one working up just to sleep back without going out to look for what they can use to fend for themselves. it will nothing than to remain poor.
Another is people that make money but their choices In. life make them remain poor. You keep friends that makes you spend on frivolities and because you want to belong you agree to throw around money you would remain poor. There's no two ways about it.

Another is on friends that push you to gamble instead of looking for means of money in a better way you would just use the little you have to gamble and you continue to demsin poor. Nobody was ever created poor.

cmoneyspinner

When one of my brothers lost his home because of a hurricane, he showed up at my other brother's house with his wife and kids. Fortunately, my other brother took them in, so they did not have to live on the streets. We have an awful homeless problem here in Austin, Texas USA. I don't think those people made up their minds to be poor and homeless. Things happen to people! A lot of the people don't have someone they can turn to help them get back on their feet.

This is my perspective based on my religious beliefs. Jesus said “The poor you will always with you.” When you think about it … no matter where you live or travel to in this world, there will always be poor people. Since that's a “given”, Jesus also taught His disciples to practice charity and help the poor.

I think, we should first extend charity to those we can clearly SEE are in need and not judge or try to judge if they intended to be poor. However, I also think that, after a while, you can determine when a person has no intention of working to support themselves, and is simply taking advantage of your generosity.

Christian teachings also state “If a man don't work, neither should he eat.” That means if you have it within your power to work for yourself, then that's what you should do; and not rely on others for their charity. You're ABLE, so do what you're able to do!

LIFE is not really about being rich or poor. Riches are not guaranteed. People can be rich one day and broke the next day! A person just needs to know how to take care of themselves so they don't starve, so they have a roof over their head, and they have clothes on their back. If you are content to have what you need and additional “luxuries” are not important in your life, who says that you're poor? As far as you're concerned, you're rich enough! :)

allison001

Verified member
Personally I believe no one has purposely decided to remain poor, there are reasons for this, a lot of people who consider life to be a vanity could just be wasting their life. Because there are so many things life can offer if you you are successful. Yes it is true that life maybe vanity but at the same time we have to work toward achieving all the things we need and to get all the money that will make us live comfortably. what is the need of you being a poor man and at the end you still die on vanity ?
Most times, a lot of people are always waiting for opportunities and in most cases this may not likely to happen because opportunities do not just come like that, we have to work hard and take risks before opportunity comes into our life that could possibly help us become rich.