Are People In The HR Department Influential To Some Extent?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Working in HR (Human Resource) always kind of puzzles me. What are the main duties of people who are in the HR department? Are they more powerful than people who work in other departments in an organization because they are the ones who fire people and also hire people, right? So isn't it true that people who work in the HR department hold some degree or authority over people who are in other departments? I have visited a company and I have seen that they do select candidate on the basis of their performance but one HR person said to me that senior supervisors do not ask him why he did not select a person for the job because his decisions were viewed highly in the organization. So are they really that influential?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Maybe I will share my observation on the HR officer who handled the hiring in our company. During the Christmas season when giving tokens and gifts is the order of the day, I often see the table of the hiring officer with so many gifts. It is obvious that the gifts come from the applicants or former applicants that are now hired.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Some persons might look equivocal or superior to others in their respective working department base on the hierarchy of the tasks they're handling. But that doesn't give them authority to lay assault to the other cos the job is superior. Just as the HR management task might superior to another.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The human resources department of any company is like the name implies created so that they can be able to handle all the resources and assets of the company that are humans . They are the ones who are responsible for handling all the recruitment and discharge processes together with interviews and identifying top clients. They are also the ones who are responsible for identification of high-performing staff and recommending them for promotions . The human resources department also serve as a link between the employees and the management so that they can always be able to voice their complaints and then have it treated in the best way possible . With all these you can definitely be able to say that the human resources department is one of the most influential aspect of every organisation because the employees are the second most important asset to any company .

There is often a debate about the extent of the influence that the human resources department can be able to give because if you are going to look at it critically , the human resources department themselves are being employed by the management so they too can be sacked at any point if they do not agree with them .