Are donated blood samples given for free to patients in the hospital?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Blood donation has become something that is causing a kind of debate in my society right now because some people feel there is actually no need for them to donate their blood when it will be resold to those who really need this blood in the hospital .
This is one thing I have been thinking about and have decided to create this thread so that we can all share ideas of what is happening in our countries and how best we think these things should be handled.

Most of my friends have made up their minds that they will never volunteer to donate blood whenever an opportunity like that present especially when it is not an emergency .

This is usually a result of a kind of belief system that makes them think that the blood they donate for free are usually not given to patients in the hospital for free , but those patients are still being made to pay for this donated blood before they get infused .

I really cannot tell how the situation is in your country or the state where you are living in right now, but I want us to discuss it here to see if it is really good or bad idea to sell donated blood to patients in the hospital .