Annual medical checkup

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The doctor in our family said that the annual medical checkup is a must not only for seniors but even for younger adults. I cannot disagree to that. However, I know of some seniors who are taking so many maintenance medication for the prevention of sickness as a result of the medical checkup. My brother in the US is taking 6 kinds of maintenance medication that he may not really need.

To be frank, my last medical checkup was 5 years ago when I had stomach pains. I was given maintenance medication for high blood pressure. It looks like there is no connection. A medical checkup can only give me worries so I am bypassing that procedure. As long as I don’t feel anything strange then I am okay with my health.

Seriously I also do not also see the need for frequent medical checkups. Things like that would just make one to waste money and get worried too. It is best to just consider a check up whenever you start getting some abnormal feelings in your body. Some of the times, I feel it is because these people have excess money that's why they always consider going for medical check-up frequently.

I don't really know if this is absolutely necessary for people below the age of 40. but I know this is hundred percent advisable for people above the age of 40. In this case they are to check their blood sugar to understand their diabetes status and also to know their blood pressure and sometimes they can test to see if there is any is any trace of glaucoma.