Advantages of Short term goals

Today, I'll be pointing out some of the advantages of setting up a short term goal. As we all know, goals are classified into two which are the Short term goal and the Long term goal. I will base this article on the short term goal and do read to the end.

It encourages you to keep moving
Short term goals are there to keep us focused in our daily achievements in life. It gives encouragements and open up your eyes to focus on your destination (aim).

Builds up your self confidence
Another advantage is that it gives a boost in your confidence. Once you feel satisfied with what you've achieved, you tend to strive more and harder towards achieving your goal.

It increases self discipline
Short term goals improve self discipline and trust. You get to see how far you've gone and know you're on the right track.

Gives self motivation
You stay motivated after you believe you have achieved some of the features it takes to reach your final destination. Short term goals gives smile and motivation towards your success and makes you even work harder and better.

Short term goals is a good way to proceed towards success. But there are also disadvantages too. Check out my next thread where I'll be reviewing the disadvantages of short term goals.

Suba

Staff member
The plan is very important both in personal life and in business, Besides the advantages of short-term plans, as you mentioned above, also short-term plans will make us more focused, Short-term plans are also closely related to cashflow, which is survival. but we don't have to focus on short-term plans only, long-term plans must also be considered, such as improving skills and education, or business development and expansion, and investment. So basically we have to have a balance between short term plans and long term plans.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The short-term goals is very important because it will help you achieve your long-term goals. It's more or less cutting them into chunks and also making sure that you achieve them. The most important thing is to set a realistic goal . You will be able meet up your short term goals if you could make set a realistic and achievable goals for yourself. Normally, I set a weekly goals for myself and I make sure to achieve the set goals on a daily basis. I write my achievements down on a 24hrs basis and it's been very helpful on achieving the set goals. If I noticed that I was unable to meet up with the dialy target, then it's an indication that the weekly goals will be jeopardised. This is the more reason why I take the daily goals very important and very compulsory. I am one of the people who love to map out plans for my target and so far so good, it's really working out well for me. The advantage of the short-term goals is that it will be very clear and also comprehensive unlike when it is on a weekly or monthly basis with may be very ambiguous.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It has already been stated that as a business owner or somebody who is learning a new skill , you should be able to set goals for yourself because they are very important . Goals can be further classified into long-term and short-term goals. The short-term goals that you set for yourself are goods that are usually easy to achieve and you expect to be able to accomplish them within a short timeframe like within days or to a few weeks .

It is a psychological boost to big tasks . Setting of short-term goals for yourself even when you want to achieve something bigger is going to help you to see it as less stressful. Let us see you want to learn web development and you know that it will going to take you one year before you are going to complete it , you can divide it into little bits like learning HTML then CSS and then JavaScript. In this way it is going to be much more straight-forward and easier for you to accomplish .

Helps to complete all tasks. Writing down and setting of short-term goals is going to ensure that every aspect of what you ultimately want to achieve is going to be completely covered .