A Concerning $27M Theft !!

Eva Green

A hacker stole $27 million worth of tether (USDT) from a wallet linked to Binance's deployer over the weekend. The loot was converted to ether (ETH) and sent to exchanges FixedFloat and ChangeNow before being bridged to bitcoin (BTC) via the THORChain bridge. The victim's wallet had received ether via two separate wallets from the Binance deployer in 2019. Binance's security team is investigating the matter, and the deployer wallet has been inactive since December 2020. THORChain has become a hub for hack-related activity, with recent hacks involving Atomic Wallet and FTX. Many Exchanges are targeted by hackers and its concerning how these incidents are prevalent these days.

eliasisaac5

A hacker stole $27 million worth of tether (USDT) from a wallet linked to Binance's deployer over the weekend. The loot was converted to ether (ETH) and sent to exchanges FixedFloat and ChangeNow before being bridged to bitcoin (BTC) via the THORChain bridge. The victim's wallet had received ether via two separate wallets from the Binance deployer in 2019. Binance's security team is investigating the matter, and the deployer wallet has been inactive since December 2020. THORChain has become a hub for hack-related activity, with recent hacks involving Atomic Wallet and FTX. Many Exchanges are targeted by hackers and its concerning how these incidents are prevalent these days.
Really concerning to see how hackers are finding new ways to exploit vulnerabilities in the crypto space.

henrycavil007

It's a reminder of the importance of strong security measures and constant vigilance in the world of cryptocurrency. I hope Binance and other exchanges continue to enhance their security protocols to protect users' funds.

BashirJasper

It's a reminder of the importance of strong security measures and constant vigilance in the world of cryptocurrency. I hope Binance and other exchanges continue to enhance their security protocols to protect users' funds.
Continuous investment in the exchange ecosystem especially in the revamping of security architecture should non-negotiable task for the team. I think these are the core features that has kept secure exchanges like Upbit, Bitget and Binance afloat over the years.

Eva Green

Continuous investment in the exchange ecosystem especially in the revamping of security architecture should non-negotiable task for the team. I think these are the core features that has kept secure exchanges like Upbit, Bitget and Binance afloat over the years.
Could'nt agree more, as soon as security remains the priority there are much less incidents.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
Dunno about Nance ,but Bitget is super protective on these matters... A proof of that~ IMG_20231115_080803.jpg