3 important things you should consider when buying a house

Augusta

VIP Contributor
One thing is to have the dream of owning a home another is to buy the one you would still love into the future. So when you are trying to buy a home for yourself you need to take into consideration certain important factors that might militate against your well-being tomorrow if not properly handled.

you would need to consider the following factors when buying your home.

The level of noise in the area: Know that you are purchasing a home that you might probably live there for life. if you are one that detest noise you need to be sure that you are comfortable with the noise level of the area.

The community lifestyle: This is another area you need to find out and be sure it suits with your personality. you would find it easy to blend and love your home more when the communal life is what you love.

Nearness to other activities: You would have to consider that you can commute easily to different areas of your life like the church, workplace, gym etc. These are things that you might want to do daily and you shouldn't allow your location of abode hinder you for getting things done as you should.

Add your thoughts to this?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree with the noise because when we were renting an apartment the noise in the area is our concern. We were lucky to have bought a house in a cul-de-sac (dead end street) and the neighbors are all quiet residents. My wife's sister bought a nice house that was situated on the main road of the village. It was one bad area because of the passing vehicles that produce noise. Worse is at night when motorcycles would be passing by at high speed that the noise is at high volume. A residential area should be free of any noise because the houses there are homes and not commercial establishments. There is a zoning here for commercial areas that residential areas cannot have an industrial structure like a factory.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah same here with me I'm one person that detest noise of any form near my home. So any place that is noisy is a big no for me even for just renting I need to always have my peace when I'm in my home. So people that don't want noise like me should be sure about the noise level in such a location before parting with their money.

Caramelle

These are really great tips for anyone looking forward to buying their own home. It is sometimes difficult to find all three of these factors together. For example, I am living in a suburban village that is relatively peaceful and quiet. Most residents here are middle-class people like us. It also offers simple amenities such as a clubhouse, a plaza, and a basketball court. The HOA fees are also quite affordable at $2 per month. It's not susceptible to flooding, too, as the place is slightly elevated.

However, I do feel that this is an isolated community, and compared to when I was still renting an apartment in the city proper, I have been spending much on transportation to get to the supermarkets, government offices, malls, and work. Having your own means of transportation is the ideal situation when you live in an isolated community like this because commuting can get very expensive and exhausting as the place is a bit far from the main road. This seems to be the norm here as subdivisions are being developed in more remote areas farther away from the congested centers of the city where the important institutions are located. Transportation costs, as well as convenience, are two important considerations why some people with jobs choose to rent apartments or condo units in the city proper.​

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The level of noise in that particular area will mostly be unavoidable over here because a lot of people will be using a generator as there is no stability of power supply for people to stop using the generator , and if you are getting a building in an industrial environment which there is a lot of industries and business activities going on noise will completely be unavoidable, except maybe you are interested to get a building in a countryside then that is the only way you can be able to avoid it over here . This is not likely to happen in the Western countries because there's a stable power supply and most people do not see the need to use generator for any business they are doing.

Yes it is always a wise decision for people to get the building near a place they can easily access their daily activities daily needs like work, gym, church and market.. everyone generally understand this because it might really be very stressful for you to be paying transport everyday traveling a far distance trying to access normal things in your life like market and church.. everybody will always prefer to get a building near all these places including school.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, this thread just got me surprised because I have recently moved into a new place and the surrounding are a bit noisy. It is not that I live on a street where the flow of the traffic is huge, but I live in a place where the neighbors make a lots of noise in the night time. This is something that I experience every night. If such kind of thing continuous, then I will talk to them in a polite manner. Some people purchase houses near crowded streets where the traffic flow is really high.

I remember one of my uncle renting a house in such kind of street and they left the pace for this reason. It is good to have a house where there is a lots of humans around because living in a lonely place could also be unsuitable for us. However, this does not mean that we should live in places where we could not even sleep properly due to people around us. Location plays a huge role when it comes to purchasing a house. Some people even purchase houses in the main market and they end up enduring noises like I do. My house is not located in the main market, but the only problem is the neighbors.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We just don't buy house, we consider some factors before the house is bought. Those factors help us in choosing not only the best house but the house of our choice. Among those factors include:

There should be proper consideration on the structure of the house. While some people may prefer living and renting a bungalow, other may choose to prefer storey building. This is the most reason why we need to choose the right structure of the house we wish to buy.

Also, there is need to consider the location of the house and some infrastructures that are available in the area. This will show how long the area may develop infrastructurally and also ensures employment opportunities.

The price is important also while choosing houses. We need to cut our clothes according to our pocket and not even size. We don't need to buy the house that we are not financially able to afford .

Kendy

Verified member
Before purchasing a property or house, there are some critical requirement that needs to be ascertained by the potential buyer in order to avert unforeseen circumstances in the future. The first is that the property should align with your test, with your choice you should also enable and ensure that the property belongs to the legal owner by verifying the Certificate of Occupancy and the Right of Ownership as a case maybe. You should also ensure that you get any other necessary documents pertaining to the house or property as the case may be.

Also, you should employ the services of a surveyor to check out the topography of the house and also a contractor to ascertain and determine the building materials that was used for the house in order to ensure that this house might not collapse in the future. You should also strive to get vital details containing the house you are about to purchase, if it is actually a haunted house by some gothic element or supernatural forces because the house owner would not explicitly tell you these vital details and you must have the need to get these information from the neighborhood or from any other verified sources.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Investing in building is a wise thing to do because the building will always be there even after we are long gone and it will become an inheritance for our children children, or should i just say generations to come. Buildings are a life time investment we can use it for several purposes which will all serve as an asset to us, because they will either bring us money or save us money. Now what really informs where we will buy a building will depend largely on the purpose at which we are acquiring the building. If for instance we are buying it for the purpose of starting up a school then we must look for an environment that is very serene where pupils and student that be comfortable and where learning process can easily take place, but if it for residential purposes a quiet place and very secured place will be mostly appreciated. Hence the purpose of the building will determine where the building should be located. Although if is for residential purpose we will most certainly consider the proximity to work and the market. We may consider the proximity to our worship centres and we may also consider the proximity to school, hospital and security post.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, it is important that people should not buy houses out of desperation without carrying out proper research about the area or location of the house. In some places when you by your house there are some certain things you need to do in order to be welcomed in the area and these are the things you need to look after and consider before making your purchase in order not to regret on the long run.
If location of the house you are buying is very noisy it is very much important you should not make a purchase because that can disrupt your peace of mind and can also disrupt your daily activities which is very much important to you. Buying a house out of desperation is one way to lose your peace of mind after spending so much amount of money. it is also very much important you considered a kind of people that live in your neighborhood because they will also determine whether you will have a peace of mind and carry out your daily activities without troubles. Another important factor anyone should consider when buying a house is the nearness to the market and other activities. When you buy a house that is near to a market or your place of work, then there is a high possibility you will save a lot of money from transport.

funmi

Verified member
Making the decision to buying a house can be exciting and also rewarding, because it comes with a lot of benefits and comfort. When we feel financially buoyant enough to have a house the first thing that comes to mind will be where to buy from and sometimes who to buy from. In answering these question the first thing I will point out as pertaining where to buy from will be based entirely in the country where you find yourself. If you happen to be in a country like Nigeria the first and major concern for you when you consider where to buy from would be the issue of security. One should always consider security as been Paramount, Nigeria today is not really safe has been several cases of insecurity in several parts of the country. So one would want to consider an environment that one can consider safe before making the move to getting a house there. As at this particular time the northern part of Nigeria, particularly the north eastern part is a no no. Then one should also consider the proximity of the place to some basic amenities like hospital, security post, schools, market and religious centers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Your priorities actually determine what kind of house you should buy. I am a young working professional. If I am ready to buy a house, I will consider buying a house that is near to the business district. I don't mind noise and hustle and bustle, because by buying a house in a remote area, I do not want to spend hours driving to my work. However, if I was a retired individual, I would consider buying a house in the outskirts of the city because at that age, I would prefer to live in peace. Money is also a determining factor while buying a house.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are right. There are many thing that one needed to considered when we are talking about renting, building or buying a property. One need to consider if the area is not to noisy or too silent because of security purposes. There are some time that one should not let the place to be to silent so that should in case any thing happen one can easily get people to support or rescue.
The place must also have some good amenity like water, light and road so that one will be able to live comfortable their . These are many thing to consider and more .

Sodiq

@Augusta I could not agree more with your post, personally, before buying a house or any other property the first factors I put into consideration is SECURITY, how secure the building most importantly the environment are, are there any form of threat, robery, fighting or any kind. second factors I put into consideration is,

ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION
The building must perfectly fit into the environment, it cannot exist in isolation. Proximity to other buildings in case of fire or other emergency. The type of neighbours living within the environment are they the types i can live with, is there any form of pollution Such as. noises from religious houses, fuel station among others and even how neat the environment/neighbors are.

Shigobad2020

There are many things we need to consider when buying a house since we are not building it from the scratch , and we want to have our dream house and not just a random house that might grow wear and tear , and might collapse if theirs no proper renovation .
First when buying a house , you need to consider the location most especially the location to your place of work most importantly if you are not mobile , I mean I you dont have a means of transport to work , so you must consider the transport fare to work and that of your children .

Secondly you must consider the security of the area and make a research to know if the security of the environment is tight and secure before buying the house .
And thirdly , you also need to consider the condition of the house , if its up to your taste or if it needs renovation ,

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah anyone buying a house should look at the security of the place. nobody will want to leave in acplace that you don't feel safe. This is because one mental health will be affected. The truth is that a home should be like a haven a resting place so it isn't just about having a house but are you really having a home. A place you can always find solace. So if one think this way then looking for a home in a place that there's safety should be paramount.

Another very important thing is the location, the importance of looking out for a better location when buying a home can't be overemphasized. You don't want to regret buyin go a home where burglary is the order of the day. You wouldn't want to live there for a long time. So before buying a house ask around how good that place is by others

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are many important things you should consider when buying a house. You will need to consider the location, size, age of the house and other features that may be included in the home.

The location of your house is one of the most important things you will need to consider when buying a new home. The best way to find out if there are good schools available near your home is by asking neighbors and friends who have recently moved out of their homes. If they have children, this will give you an idea about how close schools are located to where they lived before moving.

Size and Age

When looking for a new home, it's important to know exactly what size and age are acceptable for your family members' needs. For instance, if you have young children or elderly parents who need more space than they're used to living in, it would be best if they could move into larger quarters while still being close enough to walk just about anywhere they wanted in town or village. On the other hand, if you only have one child and he/she is still at home with you right now, then it would be better if he/she could stay in a smaller apartment or house because they wouldn't need as much space.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Buying a house is a big step for most people, and it can be overwhelming. It's important to do your research and make sure you're getting the best deal possible.

When buying a house, there are many important things that you should consider. Here are some tips:

1. Consider how much money you can afford to pay for the home you want. If there is room to make improvements, do so before closing on the home, as this will affect the price of the property. You may also want to consider adding an extra bedroom or two if possible.

2. Look at the neighborhood and see what kind of schools are nearby, as well as other amenities such as shopping malls and parks. Be sure that you have enough room in your budget for these things, too!

3. Consider what type of lifestyle you would prefer in your new home — do you want something with green space near a park? Or would you rather have easy access to public transportation?

4. Finally, think about whether or not this particular neighborhood fits your needs at all.

Shigobad2020

As a person , an entrepreneur or a real estate investors , there are certain things in which you need to consider when buying a house , as a person or a family man who is trying to secure a house for his or her family , you must first consider the level of your pocket , I mean the amount of money you have and the salary you are earning to know your worth and to know the kind of house suitable for you to buy ,
Secondly you must think about the nearness to your work place and also the house must be closer to your children school to make it convenient .
And if you are a business man , a real estate agent , you must first value the house , make sure its up to your taste and if you are going to make your money by reselling it and renting it out to make your money .

Rubz

In my opinion, the first thing to consider or look out for when buying a house is the reason the house was put up for sale. It could be that the house was a crime scene or acquired illegally. One should always ask why a house is put up for sale before purchasing it.
Another thing one should look at for is affordability. There might be other more affordable and better houses.
one should also look out for is accessibility. Are the roads leading to the house accessible or maybe water logged.
One should look out for security. The house should be in a well secured environment.
When considering purchasing a house, one should consider nearness. It should be near to one's place of work, one's place of religion or a good school, if one is still schooling or has kids that are schooling.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
When buying a house, there are a few things you should consider.

1. Location: The location of the house is one of the most important things to consider when purchasing a home. You want to make sure that you live in a safe, low crime area that has good schools and access to good public transportation.

2. Age of the home: The age of the home is also very important when buying a house. Make sure the house is built well and has been maintained properly over the years so it lasts for many more years to come!

3. Neighborhood: The neighborhood where your new home will be located will also play an important role in how happy you are with it! There are some neighborhoods where crime happens quite often and others where it doesn't at all. find out which one suits you best before closing on that purchase!