3 Benefits of Onion for Health.

raaman

Valued Contributor
1. Increases your bone density:

As odd as it sounds, some studies have found that eating onions can have a positive effect on your bone density. Eating onions daily for a month is reported to increase your bone density by about 5% compared to those who don't eat onions.

2. Lowers cholesterol level and maintain heart health:

Having high anti-inflammatory properties, onions can reduce the bad cholesterol present in your body. Lower cholesterol levels also mean lower risk of cardiovascular disease and in turn keep your heart healthy.

3. Smooth digestion:

Onions have fiber which speeds up proper digestion in your body. Apart from that, it also increases the production of "good bacteria" in your intestines which makes the digestive process easier in your body.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I have known onions to be a very good ingredient in cooking because of it's spice and flavour it gives to a meal..... However, apart from that I have known onions to be a panacea aids to some particular internal body ailments. I know onions to be able to suppress heart palpitations which makes it a friend to the heart.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I did not know about #1 but I was aware of #2 and #3. In fact, my father has been eating raw onion to reduce cholesterol and regulate blood pressure for a long time. My mother's favorite recipe when your stomach is upset is to eat onion salad. I will have to do some research on how onions are linked with increasing bone density.

Sodiq

I could not agree more with you about the heath benefits of onion you highlighted up there. However, the benefits of eating onion are more than that just three. Onions are packed with several vitamins, minerals and other nutritional compounds that are needed to promote our health in various ways. They are herbaceous plant which belongs to Liliaceae family, They are also known as Allium Cepa. Onions are highly rich in sulphur and other nutritional compounds, they are highly medicinal and healthy for human health.

Onions due to their medicinal properties they contain, They can be used as an antiseptic, antibiotic, carminative and also antimicrobial. Onion are believed generally to be low in calories, cholesterol among others. They also contain healthy fibers, potassium, vitamins C, vitamin B and other medicinal compounds.

Some other health benefits of eating onions regularly are listed below;

1. Eating onions on a regular basis can strengthens your immune system

2. Eating onion can helps to regulate blood sugar level in your body system

3. Eating onions can also relief you from several headache

4. Onion juice can also be used to cure ear and eye problems. Onion juice is generally used for newborn babies as an eye drops.

5. They can helps to prevent acne and pimples from your skin.