4 benefits of onion peels

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Do you throw away your onion peels and think there are trash. You need to have a rethink because they are still very useful and beneficial to your body.

Get extra vitamin: you can add your onion peels to your food like rice while cooking to get extra vitamin. Get them out when your food is done

Added flavor : you can have nice flavor if you add a grinded onion peels to your dough maybe bread and you have nutrients from it too.

Fight the cramps: having painful cramps you can relieve yourself by steeping your onion peels in a hot water to drink or better still boil for about few minutes to drink.

Cure itchy skin

Onion peels contains anti-fungal properties. So it can help alleviate itchiness on the body. Infuse the peels in water and use on the itchy spot

Add yours?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't like to going through the process of peeling onions. This is because it does affect my eyes. Though I have been told several times that I need it much because when we cry, we only wash the dirt which may be in our eyes especially the cornea part

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Onion is very useful and important to humans body.sometime whenever somebody is sick they will tell the person to be taken onion especially when it has to do with eye. Onion help to make eye more clearer especially when one is being affected or infected. The benefitvof onion is many.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't like to going through the process of peeling onions. This is because it does affect my eyes. Though I have been told several times that I need it much because when we cry, we only wash the dirt which may be in our eyes especially the cornea part
Lol I think I have had some close persons made the same statement and it mostly guys I understand that because a lot of them don't even cook that's why the complaint. Well you still need to have some in your meal. They are medicinal even the peels will help you with good nutritional value.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Onion is very useful and important to humans body.sometime whenever somebody is sick they will tell the person to be taken onion especially when it has to do with eye. Onion help to make eye more clearer especially when one is being affected or infected. The benefitvof onion is many.
Yeah the benefits that comes with the use of onions are numerous and it behovea on us to introduce into our different meals especially those that really needs it even the peels of it are nutritional as well. So there's no need to throw them away. You just need to wash and use them for the good of our health

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This might really be true but it is going to be very difficult for me to do all those things you have mentioned because adding up the Onion peel into my food I consider it as unhygienic... All the nutrients that is available in the Onion peels are also available in the body since it is the body that later turns to the dry peels.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Onion peels are s good source of vitamins like vitamin C. Onion peels an excellent source of antioxidants which helps to fight free radical elements that are found within the body systems. Vitamin A is also found in onion peels. This helps to improve our vision and see clearly at night. Onion peels also add good aroma to the dish we prepare.

Empress

Verified member
Have always onions to be an important diet to add to our daily meal as it contains a lot of health benefits that is why I do grind enough together with my stew and also use to cook some of my food as well as it provide varieties of health benefits when consumed

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Onion peels are a good source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is very essential in our body system as it helps to improve the vision. A person who will see clearly in the dark when they have sufficient vitamin A in their body system. Onion peels also comes with lot of antioxidants. A person with sufficient antioxidant in the body system will be able to fight off any diseases in the body system.