Finance Would You Ever Finance A Film?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Financing involves making use of money in order to generate revenues as much as possible. Therefore, we can say that financing is a term that can be used for people who are eager to invest in any kind firm or investment project that brings money. When it comes to movies and entertainment, there can be a huge number of people who could be financing big events or fund movies that could generate a big revenue in the end. However, the amount of revenue depends if the movie gets super hit or becomes flop. It all depends on the storyline and how creative the writers are. This is why investing in films can be risky. However, most of the movies (even many flop movies) bring some sort of revenue to their financiers. So, do you think that financing a movie could be a good idea?

Absolutely, I like the entertainment industry, I'll actually invest in a good film with a nice storyline or maybe later in life I can write a story and produce a film on it.

Besides, financing a movie is a very lucrative business venture, films make millions of dollars nowadays because of the digital platforms we have, in my country, movie industry is one of the biggest industry after tech.

Netflix can buy a movie from executives if it becomes a hit, which means more money to the financers.

So yes, I'll certainly invest in films once I'm intrigued with the storyline and the producers knows what they are doing.

Investing in firm's has to do with being able to have vision and see where things may eventually end. Investing in movies or films is a risky venture and it can also be a booming venture. But you have to make sure the film has all the spices to make sell, if not.....!

If I am into the film industry, it is feasible for me to finance a movie when I have the necessary to do that, and also when the plot or genre of the movie impresses me. Because I can't invest where I don't like, it must impress me before Incan pour money into it. I understand how movies are income generating, that's why many are going into it with the right knowledge to take up a lead role when the finance is there to direct a a movie that has a potential to spike in sales due to the plot of the movie.

Movies are not 100 percent secured business. I know a guy who made a lot of money when he invested in a movie. He was encouraged to fund a second film project. This time he invested all he had earned from the first film project as well as more money from his second project, sadly the film did not do well, and he lost all money (including the money he earned from the first film). During the pandemic, when the theatres are closed or cannot operate at full capacity, there is a risk in funding a movie. However, I have a desire.

I am a video content creator. I have been working on youtube since a long time. I shoot videos, I edit videos, I speak to the camera, I speak behind the camera, I work in from of the camera, I work behind the camera. Since I work with videos, I am very interested on movies as well. I would like to create my own movie some day, I have even written a script for a short movie, which might one day produce and release on youtube. I would certainly fund a movie, but I think this is not the right time due to Covid.

It has never crossed my mind to fund a movie because I am aware of the high production costs of the movies that have broken box office records. Even the so-called Indie movies require some budget and equipment. It would be very fulfilling to make a movie though if I have the means and resources to make a commercial film. On a smaller scale, we can start with making short films and joining short films competition to hone our skills. From time to time, cultural organizations and local governments launch short film competitions in our country. Most entries are collaborations among students and groups of friends and revolve around socio-economic themes. These short films usually have time limits of 3 to 5 minutes.​

You have not to finance the film it self you have to finance typescripts or even traduction of the film because most of the countries sometimes need typescripts or traduction in their native language to display the film as not all the people understand English or have English backgrounds like if the film is sold in Spain then traduction to the Spain language to be sold there and this is a primordial step that you did not mention on your article.