How to eliminate customer queuing in a business organisation .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The key reason business make profit depends on how customers and consumers patronize a business , and also it is said that lack of patronage from consumers makes a business unhealthy and prone to bankruptcy or liquidation . So with all this in mind consumers and customers are important and essential to a business environment . But what happens in a case when a business faces or encounter high rate of customers patronage which could lead to queuing of customers waiting for their request to be taken care of . Some businesses encounter high rate of customers patronage in a day as a result of business Monopoly and also because of their good business services . In a situation like this , the concept of consumer flow management must be put into practice .
Below are some of the ways in which consumer queuing could be harnessed .

* Employ more employees : Some businesses have few employees but experience or encounter large amount of customers , making it unbearable or impossible for this few employees to quickly attend to each customers or clients as expected , in order to eradicate customer ques employment of more employees is sometimes considered as a solution .

* Provide entertainment : another way in which customer queuing could be considerably reduced by providing entertainment for waiting customers . In the waiting area entertainment like a television sets should be provided so that waiting customers and clients can feed their eyes while waiting to be attend to .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this discussion because I am questioning the queuing system of my bank. The usual procedure for the client is to fall in line to the teller's booth. For the bank branch there are 3 tellers. Now there are 2 computers that the client has to enter the data. For a deposit or withdrawal you enter the bank account number and name plus the amount of deposit or withdrawal. There is a procedure for a check transaction and also for other type of transaction. The computer will give you a number that will be flashed on the screen near the teller booth.

It makes me wonder if that system of queuing is efficient because for the client it looks like double time of work. In the previous system you just get a number and wait to be called. But now you have to enter something in the computer and then when called you still have to fill up the form in the teller booth. It looks like my bank is being counter productive in that new system.