How Can you Make Money On Upwork? How Does Upwork Work?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many different kinds of freelancing platforms on the Internet that provides money earning opportunities and we can say that freelancing platforms are some of those platforms where money is being earned by many professional freelancers. One such kind of platform is Upwork. I have seen many people offering their services and it seems like Upwork is a kind of platform that allows you to set your own rates because apparently this is what many freelancers are doing on Upwork. For example, a few freelancers write something like "I will write an article for your for $10" on their profile or portfolio when they offer their services.

I really do not know how upwork actually works. Is it just like Fiverr where you tend to create a gig? this is because such kind of portfolios are also found on Fiverr as well. Fiverr is not a kind of website where you need to bid on projects rather you create your own gigs, so does Upwork also work exactly just like that? I was planning to join Upwork, but I am not sure how competitive upwork actually is. So, how does the upwork platform actually work? Is it like Fiverr or is it just like bidding sites like freelancer?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Firstly it will depends on what you have to offer that will determine how successful you will be on the platform, in the freelance platforms there are two things that are always involve . There are some skill that is highly competitive while others are not really competitive and the most competitive ones are likely to be those that are difficult for people to make money with because of the high competition associated with such.

Well if you have the required skills that you believe it is needed in the freelance platform you just gave to get into the freelance platform and offer your skill in your profile . you don't have to limit your skill into a freelance platforms alone, you can also advertise your skill on social media , you can also send people your freelance link who might be interested in your services .

Personally I don't really know how it work but what I know that it is quite possible for you to make money with the platform. you just have to checked their terms and condition . You can also check things you don't understand on Google they might have a better answer to your question .

Raymondgolf

Hey, thanks for this thread! Freelancing no longer revolve around Upwork and Fiverr. In the past weeks, I have been looking for alternatives, I was drawn to a new platform called HYVE appdothyvedotworks I joined by setting up my profile as a tech writer, no personal details were required, I landed my first gig within 48hours of joining when I completed the task I got paid in crypto real quick, I'm currently working on my 3rd gig. It's decentralized and powered by web3.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Upwork like other freelancing platforms such as Fiverr and the whole lot of them is very competitive which means that if you do not have good skills you may probably not succeed. Sometimes what matters is not the level of your skill because I have come across people that do not have any skill at all but they are still making a lot of money as freelancers. What determines the level of your success on many freelancing platforms is your level of experience and knowledge about how to get clients. There are people that usually go to several freelancing platforms and create gigs and when they get any work they look for people outside that would do the work for them and after that they pay them some percentage and take the rest. They usually pay people that did the work small percentage of the money and take the rest as their profit. This means they usually act as middlemen. I am a freelancer on fiverr and I can definitely say that it is one of the most competitive freelancing platforms but of course people are succeeding on it so I still believe I will probably succeed.
Freelancing requires consistency and constant learning to succeed.