Will you wait for your dream job or settle for the lesser ones.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
One of the main problems confronting most African countries is unemployment. The rate at which people seek employment is very alarming. This has made some people to settle down for less just to find themselves busy. Most people in the African countries are not really doing what they really want to do but because there is no choice, they have found themselves in s tight situation where they have no choice.

Others have argued against this. They claim that we do not need to settle for less. We need to keep on seeking till we find the right job that we want to do. We don't need to limit ourselves to the low class job just because there is no job. As good as this may sound, some have found themselves in this entanglement and have to settle down for some jobs as low to the extent that those jobs won't even settle their bills.

I know of a friend that maintained his stand and told me that he won't settle down for any job except he finds the right one that he needs. Alas, it worked for him, he waited for almost 6 years but he got the right job he wanted.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
No individual want to be underpaid but instead every individual wants to have a good prestigious and attractive salary paying job. But as We know, it is definitely not all individuals are so lucky to get a job of such description, and many who have the dream job of prestigiousness and how attractive salary have constantly settle for less hours jobs as a result of not being able to remain idle until his or her dream job shows up. I cannot speak for everyone, and although I may have a dream job in which I want to be part of my life I can start my journey by settling for lesser jobs and careers until I am able to come across a well-paying job that is fitting to my dream job.

Individuals who reject job offer possibly because it is not fitting to their dream job as totally battling idleness and to be sincere that is definitely not working for them financially. Being physically idle simply means being financially idle, and to be sincere that is definitely not what you want for yourself.

Etini

Valued Contributor
It is better to find something and keep yourself occupied while waiting for your dream job to come. It helps you to gather working experience that would be valuable in future. As it is, I worked in a school after I graduated. I have immense experience on how to set up, run and manage a school. I won't call it a waste of time.

But I truly advocate against jobs that can pay you enough for you to meet your basic needs. It is a waste of time and energy. Even of you can't find your dream job, please start a business. It is not good to be ideal doing nothing just because you are waiting for that dream job. I have seen people who took up jobs just because they were trying to stay busy, they ended up liking the work and having a career in that job. You can manage what you find till your dream jobs comes along.