Why you must avoid peeling or picking on a minor wound.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Sometimes we engage in different personal or work-related activities that makes us get a wound or an injury . In most cases this injury could be minor but because of frequently picking and peeling of the wound could lead to other health-related wound issues . doctors and health analyst have never failed to advise individuals that the best way to keep a wound clean and free from other future diseases from attacking it is to bandage it no matter how small it is . Little children are addicted to the act of peeling their wounds . It is important that we have in mind that peeling of our wounds can enlarge a minor to a more serious one .

This is absolutely true , because when a wound is almost 2 days old it begins to heal itself , and in the process of healing the scrap on which the wound occurs tends to blacken which shows that it is healing . Sometimes we are tempted to peel out this blackened scrap without knowing that they wound could expand . Constant peeling of one could lead to other wound issues like tetanus , smelly wound , and deep sucken wounds etc . The best way to care for a wounded skin is to bandage it properly .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
It may be tempting to peel or pick at a minor wound. But doing so can actually cause more harm than good.
What happens when you pull a scab from a wound? Why is it that some scabs can be picked easily and others seem to stick like glue? And does it matter? These are great questions.
Why do our bodies form scabs in the first place?

When we get hurt, our bodies initiate an automatic healing process. First, blood vessels get smaller, which slows down the bleeding. Next, platelets in the blood start to clot and form a "plug" in the wound, which stops the bleeding and seals the wound for further protection. After that, the body starts to produce cells called fibroblasts that begin to rebuild tissue by producing collagen, which is what forms scar tissue. While all of this is going on under the surface of your skin, your body also releases another protein called fibrin that helps make sure your wound stays closed while it heals.

The fibrin then hardens into a protective covering called a scab. It's a messy process that happens pretty quickly once it gets started, and it's always different depending on how deep or severe the wound is—or even on where it. Yea! Your wound can scratch you sometimes, especially at the final healing stage, but you shouldn't tamper it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right about peeling wounds and I wonder why people do that. I wonder what they want to see inside there. I noticed this with my little brother, he had a minor wound and graciously, the wound was closing up only for me to start peeling the wound and it open up again and this time it became bigger. Now this second one took time to begin to heal. For me I think doing this will start the work of nature and for punishment one would take one to get the immediate healing that would have occured almost immediately. So to avoid tetanus and foul smell on the wound it should bandaged well.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is definitely a bad habit . It is not advised medically because peeling and picking of wounds could cause a lot of complications. First of all the problems Start immediately from the hands we used in picking these wounds. Sometimes the hand must have been contaminated with bacteria which could even introduce more bacterials into the wounds which will possibly lead to infections , making it difficult for the wounds to heal properly..

Personal if I have a wounds. I have to bandage it properly and avoid touching it as much as possible because I don't just want to introduce more bacterials to it that could lead to infection. Then at the same time I will concentrate in taking vitamin c because vitamin c helps in repairing of damage cells tissue which could help and fasten the healing process.

For whatever reasons we have been doing such, it is medically advised we avoid doing it.