Why There Is Change In The Price Of First Vaccine And Second Vaccine of Covishield?

A K Rao

We have taken a second dose of the Covishield vaccine from a Private Hospital. I had to book the vaccine on the application CoWin. There, we have got an option to opt for getting a free dose or the paid dose.

My wife and myself have opted for the paid vaccine and got the nearest private hospital on third of July 2021.The first dose of the vaccine was given on seventh April 2021.

At that time they have charged us about 250 Indian rupees for that which is about $3.5. But this time it id not understood why they have increased the price of the vaccine by the orders of the government and they have charged us about 780 Indian rupees which is equivalent to about $10.

This increase in the price of the vaccine is also applicable for the people who are ready to pay and are taking the vaccine for the first time.

What is the cost of the paid vaccine Covishield at the place where you stay. Please note free vaccines are also available at various outlets.

Last edited:

arunima25

Verified member
I took my first shot of Covishield on 10th July. I paid Rs1000 for that. We are having vaccination drives in our apartment every month for two days. The first few drives were in collaboration with BBMP and it was free for all the helpers in the apartments- our maids, cooks, gardeners, drivers. housekeeping staffs, drivers, car cleaners and security were given the shots and now most are fully vaccinated. Then the rest of the drives were in collaboration with Apollo Hospital for the residents and they were all paid ones. Covisihield was at 1000 while Covaxine was at Rs 1200.
Anyway, our money will be reimbursed by my husband's company.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The vaccine is a business product which means there is the promotion and the mark up that plays a role in the transaction of the vaccine. In the Philippines the vaccine is only for the government to purchase. At least the opportunists cannot use the vaccine to fool people with the selling prices just like in your country.

arunima25

Verified member
The vaccine is a business product which means there is the promotion and the mark up that plays a role in the transaction of the vaccine. In the Philippines the vaccine is only for the government to purchase. At least the opportunists cannot use the vaccine to fool people with the selling prices just like in your country.
Here the option to go for free or paid vaccine is open to all. And the price of the vaccine is decided by state government and announced. There is strict regulations and laws to make sure that it is not misused and public does not fall trap for that. If someone is found playing with the law, the person can be reported to and he might face a very strict punishment.