Why should children not be afraid to make money

Mastergp

Verified member
This topic is very important especially in some families children are being band or restricted from touching money and also using it. My family wasn't exempted when I was a kid my parent would discipline me when ever I touch any currency called money, when ever I ask why the would say if a child start com a younger age to make use of money he would come to love money and as a result lead him to start stealing because he can't do away with it.

Well I won't judge their idea of preventing me from using money, but some how the were blocking me from gaining knowledge of handling things myself because if a child depend all his ideas on his parent this will really affect him to make decision in future because he was never given one, so if children are given the opportunity to make money this will train them to be smart, and also independent because, the world we are living everyone need to be smart when doing certain things.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It all depends on how you see it . For me I do not see the need for you to encourage your children to look for opportunities to make money , afterall a child at a very tender age may not necessarily be interested in money and they should rather focus in their education because that is the most important thing at that point..

That does not mean that children should not have access to mobile phones specially designed for children with strict parental guide. This may be necessary just to get yourself more adopted to the modern tools and technology.

There are so many ways children can be raised in a way that they grow up with the idea that money can be made in different ways , but not necessarily that they have to practice. If we expose them to money-making opportunities I believe this may likely affected them as they will focus more and abandon their education.

Sikapa

Verified member
We have a long way to go with it and therefore there is no hurry in life I they say but to me I don't see it that way. Although the elders are saying there is no hurry in life but I see it as there is a hurry in life.

Back to your topic, I see it as there is no need to let your child to know how to make money if he or she is under age. You see is you who have to take your responsibilities and no him or her so what the need of teaching him or her the to make money? I thing I know in life is there are some things that we don't teach people but they themselves get to know how we do it. Money making is one of the things everybody knows how to make it but sometimes we need people to teach us the rightful ways.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
These days, parents encourage their children to make money. Which is so good in my opinion because personal finance is best taught when the child is still young.

Children need to know the value of money. You should let your child know that the things they have don't come freely. They are worth some money.

That will make them understand that they need money to buy most things. So they will start viewing money as something that is worth looking for.

It is also best to inform children of the many ways of making money. That way, they will grow up valuing the legit ways of making money so that they can aspire on getting jobs and doing businesses.

It is also great to teach children the importance of saving money for the future. Maybe you can make them save for a future trip or for a Christmas gift. That will make them to be so good at saving.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I understand your submission but we just have to know that parents will always be parents especially the overprotective ones they believe you are still a child and they are in a better position to take all the decisions that will not affect you negatively

So it is not about us not taking a decision but it's about learning from their actions so that as we grow up will be able to also put it into practice.

This same thing happened with my parents they felts they will be in a better position to take decisions even when it comes to handing money but that has not stopped me today from thinking critically when it comes to money issue. so my advice will be for children to leave that part of their lives for their parents as you grow up your parents will know when to stop and you can continue your life from that point.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
SeeWhen trying to make decision on this we have to put so many things into consideration , like if you said that children should not be afraid to make money obviously you are indirectly saying that if they have opportunity they should explore to make money. But questions we need to ask is that what will a child do with money at that stage ? well personally I believe that they should be facing and focusing in their education as it is the most important thing at that period of time.

I Understand a situation in which parents have to behave the way you do but personally I don't see it as the best option. Instead of you preventing your child from dealing with money you should rather teach them how to make use of money properly in a way that they do not abuse it. That is the best thing I will do if I am a parent

Rubz

Well, it depends on the family. I wouldn't want my future kids to grow up in a family where they would be disciplined for touching money due to the believe that if they touch money, they might develop love for money and then result to stealing. I believe that a child who already has the mindset of stealing would steal, and one who doesn't have that mindset, wpuld not steal. I also wouldn't encourage my kids to start making money at a very gender age, that's why i'm doing my best to earn a lot so they wouldn't see reasons to earn money at a young age. I don't think children should be allowed to work, but they also should not be disciplined when the touch money. I mean who does that in these modern times.