Why People End Up Becoming Poor

Mika

VIP Contributor
People who say I cannot afford it because I do not have money; I don’t have money because I cannot save, I cannot generate more income, cannot invest, are actually lazy people. That is according to Rich Dad or Dad author Robert Kiyosaki.

People become poor not because they don’t have enough money, they become poor due to their mindset. Poor people have poor mindset. Therefore instead of figuring out how to raise money, it becomes easier to become losers. All poor people are losers, they do not work enough to make money. They just don’t realize that we all have the power to become rich if we want to. You will never be poor if you learn how to raise money.

How much water can you bring from the ocean depends on the size of your container, if you have a cup, you can bring a cup of water, if you have a bucket, you can bring a bucket full of water. The same is the case with making money.

niche

Verified member
In some countries, people can loose their money, if fake cases are filed against them to extort money. The government agencies are stealing the savings of some citizens without a court order, if a large number of people file fake cases against them. The citizen is not provided any information about the fake cases, so that he or she can defend themselves, yet well paid government employees are stealing the savings of private citizens to cause great financial hardship and force them to agree to resume, identity theft.

Heartstrings

In as much as it involves the mindset involve in been poor,the government are really not helping matters over in this country,the government didn't actually care about the masses well being. This is the reason why I always shout to whoever cares to listen to learn a skill,when you have a skill you can easily make money with it,even if it's little cash, gradually with time it will generate and start making money with a lot of profits.

On a second thought, I don't believe in been poor but I believe in been broke. As far as I have hands and in good health,I don't think I will be poor but I can go broke for days. There are people who are looking for who to run arrands for them for a token of money. Render service to people,learn a skill and start putting it to practice,been poor has no excuse in some cases.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
It is not always true that a poor person is someone having bad mindset sometimes you find a rich person that having bad mindset and a poor person how is respectable and also very helpful with you and just he is broke for bad salary or low income or something like that.
But a poor person hardly becomes a rich one but the opposite case is also common but more than the first case due to the hardness of the situation.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yeah, being poor is a mindset, I agree and the problem of poverty is, it mess up your psyche and you start operating life from the position of lack instead of abundance, which is very detrimental to a human being, creating wealth is always a puzzle for so many people but it is very easy.

Wealth is different from money, money is a method of exchanging value or valuables, but wealth intrinsically is anything that people wants from music, to facebook, to uber to antibiotics, they are all wealth, because people wants it and because of that people are willing to give money to acquire it.

So to get wealthy, you have to create something that people really want, if you can do that, then you can become rich, it has nothing to do about saving money, or cutting down your budget to save some flimsy pennies, I hope my comment provide value to your content.

Etini

Valued Contributor
When they say, being rich or making money is in the mind. I don't understand. It sounds so vague. What is a rich mindset? What does it look like? I am not a fan of all these motivation books. Someone should come up with something more realistic. Do you know you can have a so-called rich mindset, you work hard and smart, but some external factors can mess you up The economy of a country can mess you up, no matter how much you have a rich mindset.

In Africa, traditions like the extended family system can ruin all your efforts to become rich. When parents, sisters, aunts, and so many relatives look up to you for financial help, what would you do? And you are bound to render this help. I believe all those books are not reflective of the true situation as it applies generally. Let's not judge every poor person by those vague theories in the books.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is very true. Your own efforts determine whether you earn a large or small amount. Indeed poor people usually have a poor money mindset. While the rich have a good money mindset that was either passed down to them or they took time to learn it on their own.

The good thing with our current generation is that you have access to so much information that you need. So it is easy to learn how to change your mind set about money.

For most people, poverty has become a generational curse that way passed down to them. But you know what, you can change things for yourself by changing your mindset. In fact, you will be changing things for your coming generations.

Reading a book, watching an educative video or having a good mentor are all good ways of developing a new mindset that will help you build wealth. So work hard at developing it.

Shigobad2020

Our determination in life will determine our success and failure rate , and in order not to be poor in life , we need to put in a lot of effort in order to achieve greatness , some people remain poor because they have a poor man mentality and mindset , imagine a student that stop reading because his niece told him that he can't be succesful with his education because he can't assimilate , and instead to sit tight and keep trying hard to change the bad prediction , he decided to stop his education just because of some one else comment .
and again , most people remain poor because they came from a poverty striking home , and they are always happy when they can afford three meal daily , they don't prefer working hard to change their story and status . One thing I know is that if you have a mindset that you won't remain poor and work towards it , definitely you will achieve your aim ,

Nite

Valued Contributor
If a person is born in an undeveloped location then his/ her chances at advancing their lifestyle becomes very minimal. To advance to a better living standard, it will require the education, infrastructure, and opportunities. Children whose parents are poor have a more difficult climb because their environment does not encourage anything better. They also do not know what resources or aid are available to them. They are in this poverty cycle where they don't have the ability to climb out.

Last edited:

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
If a person is born in an undeveloped location then his/ her chances at advancing their lifestyle becomes very minimal. To advance to a better living standard, it will require the education, infrastructure, and opportunities. Children whose parents are poor have a more difficult climb because their environment does not encourage anything better. They also do not know what resources or aid are available to them. They are in this poverty cycle where they don't have the ability to climb out.

Most poor people do not have any family or close friends. It is pure misfortune. Because of their poverty, the amount of social contact and well meaning acquaintances are very limited to them. Some of the poor people are actually hard working. They work three part time jobs, working every hour of their waking life to make ends meet, but due to circumstances beyond their control have a difficult time advancing economically.
This is true because if you do not continue your studies outside the country for half of the cases this is what is happening generally that let most of people decide to complete their studies and work outside the poor country to help their families.