Spend less on Catering and record all Expenses

raaman

Valued Contributor
Commonly, at events there is always leftover food. And, it is normal that as organizers you think that it is better to have more than to lack. But it is proven that there is always someone who does not show up, so order ten per cent less food from the catering. This will help not only reduce the expenses but also reduce food waste.

Keep a close watch on all expenses, no matter how big or small the expenditure may be. It is important to be aware of abnormal expenses, and avoid drastic changes in the budget. Being on the alert and cutting down unexpected expenses in the bud itself as soon as they occur should be one of every event planner's priorities.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
To spend less on catering, you have to make a compromise, if you want to offer value at a low price to your guests you have to source for cheap food and also cut down on many expenses, I see this happen a lot in restaurant and other circles like school food services etc.

They mostly cut cost on ingredients and save the money against the next meal, it seems like a nice strategy though, but I think it's important to know what you want to cut down on, and it should be the non essentials like Carbohydrates and Fats not Protein and Vitamin sources

Etini

Valued Contributor
I don't seem to understand why people would spend so much on catering in an event. I believe that people should apply modesty when planning events and not go overboard to impress anyone. Be sure to invite only the number of people you can give refreshments without having to stretch your pockets. I have come to realize that there is no best ceremony. There is nothing like best wedding, best birthday. Don't spend so much on feeding people who don't even care about your existence.