Why most restaurant business fail.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Runnin , owning , and facilitating a restaurant business is actually one of the most lucrative and profitable business ideas any individual can come up with especially , when he or she is good at kitchen activities and practices like cooking palatable and complicated meals that taste incredible , wonderful , and rejuvenating to the body . In most areas of west Africa like Nigeria to be precise there are in existence numerous numbers of restaurants , and I can testify to the fact that there is no major Street or road in Nigeria that you would go that there is no establishment of a restaurant in such location .

Running , facilitating , and controlling a business of any kind and type is not easy , so logically we can also say that the running , facilitating , and controlling a restaurant business is also not easy . Majority of people have shut down their restaurant business as a result of high cost of facilitating restaurant activities and practices . Sometimes it is not always the fault of the business owner of a restaurant that his or her meal or food cooked by him or her does not taste as preferred and wanted by buyers and customers , rather it is as a result of the high cost of foodstuffs in the local market and so the restaurant business owner could only buy what his business budget could afford for the day . Even if a restaurant is situated in the right and best location , it inability to satisfy its buyers and customers as a result of poorly cooked meal and food caused by high price of foodstuffs in the local market , could lead to it shutting down and bankruptcy .

Most restaurants fail due to poor management skills, in other cases it could be that the food is not good enough to the taste of their customers. There are some restaurants who pack up due to poor hygiene as well.

A restaurant business is a very good one. It comes with so much profits because people are always looking for a good place to eat. Food is a major need of people and so selling it is very lucrative as you will never run out of customers. As long as you cook food that is liked most by people in your area, are affordable and delicious.

However, like every business, the restaurant business faces many challenges that may lead to it's bankruptcy. One such challenge is the issue of increase in food prices when the economy is high in a country. That is what my country is going through right now and it is so tough on restaurant businesses as they have to increase the prices of food.

Another problem faced by restaurant businesses is the issue of most gold's going bad easily. As a result, the food is thrown away bringing so much losses to the restaurant. That calls for installation of really good storage facilities in a restaurant, which can be a bit expensive.

Lastly, a restaurant can undergo the issue of poor labor from employees. Sometime it is so hard to find good chefs who are skilled at cooking all types of dishes. Other times, it is the money management that is a problem hence leading to the restaurant being bankrupt and with no food to sell.

A restaurant business is considered to be a very profitable and lucrative business but the ability and the capability of a restaurant business to be profitable and lucrative totally depends on who runs the business and how the business is actually run and facilitated . One of the major reasons why majority of restaurant business today fell is as a result of poor restaurant management and wrong facilitation of restaurant activities and practices . For your restaurant business to be of benefit in and of a profitable value to you you must make sure to throw away the restaurant activity of segmentation . Although segmentation is one of the ways in which the restaurant business owner can actually know which costumer is rich and which customer is poor or among the minimal earning class .

I do not know for you but I have been to a restaurant in my country where the practice the restaurant activity of segmentation and in the restaurant it is boldly written on the one side VIP section and on the other side 2nd class section . And what that means is that the VIP individuals are the ones to sit and enjoy their meals on the VIP section because they are considered to be rich and wealthy by the normal individuals who are among the poor masses of individual how to eat their meal on the 2nd class section . Personally I do not like this idea because it totally totally downgrades individual .