Why I think wholesale business is better than retail business

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
I strongly believe that we all here are familiar with the definition of who a wholesaler and of who a retailer is . But for those that don't know who a wholesaler or retailer is . Well , by definition a wholesaler is someone that buy goods in large quantity from the manufacturer or producer of goods and services , so as to sell it in smaller quantity or in bits to retailers for the purpose of making profit . On the other hand a retailer is considered as someone that buys goods and services from the wholesaler and in turn sell it in smaller quantity or in bits to the final consumers , customers , and buyers so as to accumulate business profit , earnings , and income . The wholesaler and retailer makes up the main middlemen in the chain of distribution from the manufacturer or producer down to the consumer or final Consumers . Personally if I were to go into an offline business , I will prefer being a wholesaler for a particular product or service than rather being a retailer . My reason are because .

Wholesalers enjoys the privilege and the gratitude of buying goods and services from the producer or from the manufacturer of a particular goods , service or commodity at a very low rate and price . Wholesalers also encourage the activity of warehousing which involves the storing of goods and commodity , and they rarely run out of goods and services to sell out to retailers or to consumers .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well each of these hage it's advantages and disadvantages so it mostly depends on the one you feel is better for you. Well, I will also feel good being a wholesaler than a retailer.

Wholesalers buy in large quantities at a lower price and this means if they should retail they would make more money since the buying cost is low
As a wholesaler you would enjoy a lot of promos from the Company as the company will know you and if we there's any incentives for buyers you would enjoy it more

As a wholesaler you have more opportunity to buy on credit from the manufacturers than retailers. so expanding your business through this means will be very easy. Again you would even have the privilege of buying from producers as they do not sell to wholesalers

lastly, as a wholesaler the probability of becoming rich faster is here than a retailer. You have more goods and even in stock so the means of making more sales is feasible and becoming rich will be very easy

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I agree with you , a wholesale business is very much profitable if we are to compare it with a retailing business , the reason is because wholesale business you can actually buys products in large quantities and sometimes you can even sell the large quantities at once within a short period of time and you recover your little profit or huge profit there and then, And you move on to another wholesaling business.

In the retailing business , a retailer will only be able to buy this product in smaller quantities and retails it to people who are the end users.

Well I believe both of them has their own advantage and disadvantage . In the case of wholesaling business it will require you to have a huge capital to start and you also needs to have a warehouse to store this product.

Sometimes if you don't deal with high demanding products you might even be at risk of losing a huge sum of money if the products are perishable and you can't sell it on time.

Even if it may be profitable , we have to consider so many things before engaging in this business as it can be risky sometimes .