Why Elderly People must Walk Regularly.

raaman

Valued Contributor
Why Elderly People must Walk Regularly.

Lack of physical exercise and inadequate nutrition are the main causes of the development of diseases, especially as the years go by. A habit that can help us reduce the risk of the appearance of the latter, that is inadequate nutrition is a physical exercise as simple as walking.

Therefore, you need to know what the benefits of walking regularly are because there are benefits of walking as an adult. To maintain adequate physical shape and not lose muscle mass due to inactivity, it is recommended to walk an average of at least thirty to forty minutes a day.

If you are not used to it, and if you think that it is an excessive figure, you can start with a ten or fifteen minute walk and increase it step by step. In addition, the World Health Organization itself recommends that those over sixty-four years of age practice walking regularly.

The World Health Organization says an average of 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes, if it is vigorous is good for the health. If you are in good physical shape, then, age cannot be an obstacle to continue practicing sports, and its advantages are undeniable.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For the seniors like me, the physical activity is vital for the health. There are many issues when you lack physical activity and foremost is the tendency to gain weight. But for me, maintaining the condition of the muscles is very important because due to lack of physical movement the muscle can be atrophied which means it will lose mass. Walking is a good for daily exercise and I do it often particularly when I go to the market by walking. The exercise gives me stamina so I am not lethargic the whole day. When I lack exercise I would know because I would feel sleepy or my mind would not cooperate sometimes. Being a senior I make it a point that I get to move even for short distances like 5 steps, that would really help. Being idle is not advisable and being dynamic is more like it for us seniors.

fredastaire

I would agree. the more you walk the bettter it will be for you in the end. That i truly believe

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Walking is one of the best ways to stay fit and healthy, but it's also a great way to meet new people and improve your social skills.

Elderly people are often left out of their families' daily activities, which can lead to loneliness and depression. Walking is an activity that allows them to stay connected with those around them while still being independent.

Walking can also help improve elderly people's memory and thinking skills. Because it requires them to focus on their surroundings, walking improves brain function by strengthening the areas responsible for memory and problem solving.

Elderly people often have a hard time maintaining fitness because of their age. However, there are ways to find motivation and stay active as an older person.

One way to motivate yourself is to join a group of other people who are also trying to stay fit. This can be done through sports or exercise classes. You can also talk with friends who are trying to keep fit and share ideas with them. Another great way is by setting up your own walking routine at home or at work so that you can walk every day without fail!