Why Do Some People Not Focus On Career Growth?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We usually would want to grow our career. However, there are many people who would want to carry on with their old jobs and you will see them working in many organizations for many years and they do not even plan to switch jobs even though they know that they will not be promoted. For example, there are many cases where you will see a person who is holding the position of a manager in a company for many years and there might be a reason why he or she might not like to switch the job or get promoted in the same organization. One of the biggest reason for this is the work load. A person who gets promoted will get more work load as compared to his juniors. So do you think this is one of the big reasons for not switching the job or moving forward to look for career growth?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
To be promoted in an organisation, you need to develop yourself through training and seminars . If you want a better pay and a better offer , you need to develop your carrier by getting more education and attending training and seminars that are relevant to your course of study. Some organisations train their staffs while some do not.

Good luck

Verified member
Some people do not focus in career due to lack of foresight.Career is someone aim and objectives to achieve one goal in life academically.It requires focus,determination,commitment and most importantly hard-working.If all mentioned above is being looked into_One will achieve one's dream.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Some times, you do not get to blame such individuals as they are not having things move fine in their end even though they do not speak out most times. A lot of them have children in school already and they feel it is better to sponsor those children and prepare them for the future than to spend the money developing themselves career wise.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Some people don't focus much on their career because of many factors. Some of them is the monetary aspect of it. Building career requires money of not a lot of money. So they plan to work for some few years but get themselves stuck may be because they end up marry or the money gotten from the job not enough.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Some times, you do not get to blame such individuals as they are not having things move fine in their end even though they do not speak out most times. A lot of them have children in school already and they feel it is better to sponsor those children and prepare them for the future than to spend the money developing themselves career wise.

I do agree with you even though most of the people in this thread are saying that such people do not want to grow and this is why they tend to not focus on their career. However, I believe that this is a wrong notion because almost every person wants to grow and earn more money and live a better life. I am a person who never wants to have an offline job but I am still earning money online and I do plan to start my own business. I have my own preferences even though many people claim that I do not want to grow!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
They're simply contented with their position, that's why they aren't interested changing their job, even if their is offer elsewhere. In life, what matters is your happiness, and not necessarily position or the money they're offering for the job. People spend ages doing a particular job for a company, just because they're passionate about it.

A K Rao

Yes, to some extent it is one of the factor why people may not switch on to senior levels. Apart from that there may a comfort zone an employee may be feeling with the immediate boss, because of which one may not be showing interest in the promotion. The employee may even be afraid of a new environment, insecurities, and uncertainties with the new jobs. Such people are generally contended in their lives and peace loving people.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, for me I think wrk growth is a personal decision they are people that are just contended with where they are, so they don’t need any growth but others could be of added work load that you have mentioned so it about individuals needs at a point in time

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been an office employee for the whole of my career. With the career growth you cannot push yourself because the promotion always depended on the vacancy and the capability of the company to hire more personnel. My attitude is to let everything take its course in the natural way as long as I am earning good and the workload is not a burden.