Why Do People Work During The Weekend Or Off Days?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Managing a business is daunting task and there are so many people who tend to struggle when it comes to managing a business. I have seen many people managing the business and I must say that it is never an easy job. In fact, many people even stay at office after office hours. Some managers even come to office during the weekends and during the off days.

This means that the workload is overwhelming and the managers are simply not able to mage the business ion an effective manner as they should. This might also create a big problem for lower level employees because of many different reasons. Sometimes managers even call the employees during off days and this could be a really big problem for the employees. I remember I used to work for a corporation and they claimed that they used to provide off on Saturdays.

However, this rule changed and they used to call employees at work on off days as well and I think that this is a violation of basic rights of employees. Employees are officially given a single day where they could spend their time with family and friends and they are still called at this day? So, do you work on off days as well?

Willans

People work during the off days to make their income increase like some one reciving 200 per month work through that off days will make him or her get a profit that will add up him or her salary that most people like to work on the holidays or the off day that why cause they know that they will get a income or profit in their salary or they might even be a double promotion when working he or she may make a good job for the company and the company gives him or her the new post of a high wages or salary the why most people like working in the off days

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Work is a very important part of our lifes. We work everyday in order to have the basic necessity of life and that is probably the best thing that could happen to us. I have been really working every time to get to do the basic necessity in life. I Will wake up very early in the morning, dress up and run off to work on a daily basis and If I noticed that I needed more money as extra cash, I would fill the space of the overtime. By overtime, I mean , I would work extra time aside the normal working hours. The overtime could be during the weekend when I am suppose to be resting. The basic reason for doing this is to ensure that I meet up with the need staring at me in the face. Ofcourse, so many people wants to make money to earn extra cash . It is very understandable and that is basically what is obtainable. We need more money to do some basic things like getting a house of your own, getting your private cars or even living a luxurious life. All of this wouldn't be possible if you do not earn extra money. So the need to work extra time becomes very necessary. If you ask most of the wealth people they will definitely tell you stories of how they work very hard to accumulate their money.

Suba

Staff member
There are many reasons why people have to work on weekends or on holidays. First we have to look at the type of business or company, if the business is engaged in public services such as restaurants, cinemas, supermarkets, hospitals, etc. Companies in general have arranged work shifts for their employees. Also in companies that produce goods, building construction, public accountants, they also often work on weekends and holidays. of course they will receive overtime pay or bonuses. So I think working on weekends or holidays is not completely detrimental to employees. working on weekends is not an achievement but just a solution to meet the needs of the company. And we don't need to assume that employees who work on weekends are not workaholics.

Willans

Yeah that true if you want to work during the holidays or the off days you need to know the kind of job okay that what you need to do okay

Etini

Valued Contributor
This is what I can never do. Nothing can make me work on weekends, public holidays and off days. It can only be possible if I am being paid for it. That's one the things I ironed out in all the jobs I have ever taken. I make it known to the employers that my weekend is mine and if you need to take it from me, you have to buy it. That's one of the reasons I can never work in a bank.

Some employers are terrible and always want to use people. I have even seen in a school where teachers are told to keep coming to school even when the schools are on holidays. People don't understand that the greatest valuable thing in this world is time. You can't take someone's time like that without giving the person adequate compensation. Working on weekends and holidays is a no no for me.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Bills.

Many people working in weekends are trying to meet up a bill or they are working on their own personal business, apart from this I don't see any other reason why one will forgo the sweet weekends holidays for a check, especially if you have a family, you definitely should reconsider.

If you're working on your business then it is totally understandable, if you work during the work days then it makes sense to take out the weekend and work on your own thing.

Most entrepreneurs started out that way till they were able to replace their income with their business and quit.