Which type of product can sell fast in student area?

marcusfe

I was living somewhere and managing my small business but there was a circumstance that made me to relocate. On getting to my new place and notice the outflow of young people which I got to know that they are students. I never knew before but I realize that my new place is a student area. I'm very curious which business I can start that will move fast in this area. I know this must be an opportunity for me and don't want to lose it.

Josemendez

Verified member
I think there are a lot of business that can excel in a student area ,one of such business is a cyber cafe business . Students will always have need for making use of the internet , printing documents or photocopying it .

Another great business that can excel in a school area is Restaurant business . This is because some students do not know how to cook ,and even some of them that knows how to cook ,do not have time to cook . A restaurant business in such place will always have demand for food from students .

Finally , buying a house will also be profitable as most students prefer staying off campus .

Kennysplash

Verified member
You can venture into fast food or small chops. Trust me that is your best bet. Most times students get back from school and are too tired to enter the kitchen, or sometimes they are just lazy so they find an alternative. If you are selling something edible in a student area you will always make your sales. That is the thing about students, anywhere they can get satisfaction when it comes to their stomach they frequent there. Just make sure it is affordable since your main target are the students.
I was living somewhere and managing my small business but there was a circumstance that made me to relocate. On getting to my new place and notice the outflow of young people which I got to know that they are students. I never knew before but I realize that my new place is a student area. I'm very curious which business I can start that will move fast in this area. I know this must be an opportunity for me and don't want to lose it.

Nii41

Soft drinks and water business will be profitable. Imagine students coming back from lectures on a sunny day, all they can think of at that moment is something chilled. Just make sure your drinks are always cold. Another business you can do is dry cleaning, some students may not have time to do their laundry. Even those that do their laundry will obviously not be able to wash their duvet and other big stuff, some have special clothes that they would rather take to a dry cleaner instead of washing it themselves. So a dry cleaning business will surely be profitable in a student area.

Georgeadawara

Kerosene, most student in campus us kerosene in there various hostel about 85 percentage of students are the ones cook for themselves in there hostel and 45 Percent of the 85 percent cook 2-3 time a day, so you venturing in this will help you to make allot of profit.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Very good that you find yourself in a student area. The first thing that I will advise you to do is to make research on what type of institution are in that vicinity, are they student in primary, secondary or Tertiary institutions?
After this research then the next step is to know may be there is no body selling what you are planning to start selling. If they are children from rich back grand(butter babies) then you start selling something like Nodules and sweet sweet things.
But if they are struggle continued student you may be selling bread ,food carten
Also in a student environment you can stard Stationary shop by selling those material that will be needed by the student there like books,ruler,Biro etc.

Maks25

With 10000-15000 naira you can do this business. I do not know what state you are in, but whatever the state, every customer is a potential payee. Pack your bag, go to Lagos market, buy female accessories in bulk. All those ear rings,bangles,hair clips, necklace etc. They are all imported from China. When you see them ,its very flashy and very cheap. Take for instance buying a fancy ear rings @ 500-1000 naira dozen price. Going back to school, you can sell 1 @ 150/ 200 naira if you bought it @ 500naira per dozen. With such business, you will cover your expenses and make a profit. Best time to sell are when school resumes as ladies loves to flash.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When. I was a student in campus the two items that sold most was recharge card and Noodles,. I don't think there's any student that wouldn't need these two items. Students can make calls for the whole world, so if there's one item you can sell non stop is recharge card and another is noodles as possibleI already stated. Students are very lazy so they always want to cook fast food and of course noodles is the most available one for now

greatguy1

Students are particularly of the hippie generation. They crave for things en vogue and love to belong to the crowd. Reigning and trendy fashion is number one target for a student area. Get the latest wears and shoes, stock them up for sale in the student environment. There's also the entertainment side of things as with their age they crave for music and entertainment. Items that relate to such will be good business. These are some of the generic niche but some others could be location dependent.

Peppul

Well if you staying in a student area and you thinking of which business or product can sell, well there are slot. You can start with POS business, where student can come and withdraw money because going to the bank most times is stressful and you will have to deal with long queue and most student don't want that. Another you can do is open a football viewing center, where student can come watch matches and play games, this is also quite profitable too. Also you can go into clothing, selling of clothes to student can also be profitable too. And if you have enough money you can open a mini restaurant where student can come and eat with their friends or loved ones too. And so many other businesses out there. You just have to pick the one you feel you can do and won't cost you much.

Annmike

Product that can be sold near aschool.
The business that one can open is abeauty shop and wear dressing shop, big percentage of student are smart and like to wear new clothes and face makeups when going to class those are things needs to be around then.
Clothes,shoes and face make ups are movable near students.

IamDozzy

Basically cookies and junk foods sell faster in student areas as this is what they love. I once stayed in a student area in Nigeria and my observation was that 80% of students preferred junk food while the remaining 20% preferred solid food. So I will advise you to venture into junk food like Meatpie, Eggroll, Shawarma etc. With this you will sell faster in student populated areas as compared to solid food. You could also try out stationeries like pencil, exercise books etc. I believe that would also sell faster in student areas.

Bitclu

When I was in college, most of the students were either printing their project files or photocopying class notes/teacher notes. So, in my opinion, it is best to invest in high-quality printing or photostat machines. In this business, you need not do anything- students will come to you for their day-to-day college needs.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Selling of internet data is another lucrative business that is profitable in student area. Almost 90 percent of students with smart phone but data to browse. You can start selling internet data with low price beating the normal price that they buy else where. I was doing the business some times ago but not in students area. And I was doing fine with it. I was making nothing less than 15 pack of data. And when selling the data, never sell in credit because selling in credit do affects business

Hena101

Many product can be sold at students area. But preferably things that has to do with his well being can be sold faster than things that can not add value to his academy. Things like books, pen, pencils and so on.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
If you live in Nigeria then start helping them charge their gadgets, it's the most lucrative business I know around students, the electricity situation is epileptic in most universities, and the use of electronic gadget is on an all time high, almost all students have a mobile phone, laptops and MPs.

You can make a killing if you position yourself at a strategic location and start the business, it is not without challenges though because you'll have to buy fuel and also have insurance against phone theft and also have to be changing chargers regularly but nevertheless I think it's a lucrative business to get into

Axis

Banned
A student area such as a school or a university can be a good environment to situate a good business which can take advantage of the fact that students are in such environment. For example establishing a bookshop, and a restaurant can be a good business idea and the reason is because student of course will need to buy School equipment and requirements like books pencils pen and erasers and of course during break time they would want to finally such as food snacks. Also establishing a grocery store near a student area can be an important business venture where you sell teacher related accessories like chalks, markers, dusters, and so much more.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Student specialized products in student areas can sell quickly because they are tailored to students’ needs, preferences and lifestyles. Popular commodities include snacks, convenient foodstuff, stationery and school supplies, technological accessories and gadgets, health and fitness products, fashion items as well as books and entertainment. These may include clothes that are in vogue, technology gadgets such computers and other devices for studies like smart phones as well as the music stores full of different entertainments including books, games or DVDs. When businesses do this, they will be able to attract student customers in these areas.

Businesses may also offer household items and dormitory essentials for college students who seek accommodation but cannot find one nearby due to various reasons. Through this understanding of students’ way of life and choices companies can hence modify their goods offered therefore creating effective strategies aimed at gaining loyalty from scholars. Products like towels or beddings could be included here besides bike locks or study aids while event hosting would cater for those living away from home with their academic success intact yet enjoying social experiences throughout their university life.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The first business proposition that should come to your mind is food. It could be restaurant or uncooked food. Either ways, it would be a moving business in that kind of location.

Another business that would easily thrive in that area is to sell contraceptives. Students have a massive need for it as they are young people that are always exploring. Saying this from experience.

Then, your could look to offer entertainment services like video game centres and the likes. That would also move in a students location. And last but not the least, beauty related businesses would do well in that location.