Which is best to settle down between a home in the city or a home in the rural town?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Based on the experience of people that I know, the best place to live is a home that is near your place of work. That is one reason why the condo unit in the city are always in demand. Many office workers in the city are renting a condo unit even if they already have a home in the rural town. The crux is the travel time which takes 3 to 4 hours an d sometimes even longer when it rains or when there is unusual traffic. But what about if you cannot afford to rent a condo unit? The only recourse is to find a home in a suburban town like we did. The travel time to work is 1 to 2 hours during rush hour. What we do is to leave home earlier before the rush hour so the travel time is sometimes less than an hour.

A friend who owns a home in the rural area had rented his home so that it can augment the budget for renting an apartment in the city. It is very convenient to walk from home to work, he said, although the cost of the rental is very expensive. Perhaps the government should think of the diversification of business so that there will be businesses in the rural area that will make it convenient for the public to travel from home to their work place.

Having a home in the city is very advantageous.
The stress that comes along with settling in a rural area is lessened or removed.
One would not need to travel a long distance just to purchase some things he wants that are usually absent in such rural environments
For me I would love to have both house in the town and in a rural area free from distractions.
Anytime I would love to have some free space I would stay in the rural home
While in the conduct of my business and important things I would stay in the city house.
This can be costly but I intend to live a very good life

It is good when they were young at school or college or lycee but at university generally, the children will study in another town and rent there to avoid daily transport so for a period of life yes.

In most cases it will depend on so many things that will determine this, most people who cannot afford to buy a house in the Urban settlement will rather choose to settle down in the rural settlement , because in the rural settlement it is easier for you to get a house or possibly a land at the cheaper price to build your own house but in terms of economy, the economy in the Rural settlement may be more conducive because there is no competition compared to the economy in the Urban settlements, everybody would like to settle down in the Urban settlement but some people may not have an opportunity to settle down here financially because the living standard in the Urban settlement is high compared to the rural settlement, anyone that have an opportunity we'll settle down in the Town and those that doesn't have an opportunity will settle down in the village, but in terms of economy and the living standard the rural settlement might give you lower standard of living compared to the Urban settlement, the Urban settlement also has it own advantage because it comes with life amenities like good road network and good power supply.

Last edited:
I understand that the both of them are going to offer you different kind of opportunities and as such this is going to be dependent on the type of work that you want to do and also availability. For example it is always going to cost you hire for you to acquire a property in the ubarn area because of how congested it is and the quality of the social amenities that is available there. A house on the rural area is usually characterized by a quiet neighbourhood but you are going to struggle in order to meet infastructure that you need.

Both are the best, they have their disadvantages and as well their advantages. To decide you would have to look at what you are looking for, the question should not be which is the best but what do I want. If you need a quite life, far from all the stress of the city, the. Best place to settle down would be in rural areas, but if you are looking for a job and to actually start up life, the best place would be the city, which is the urban areas.