What's the largest amount of money you've ever had in your wallet/purse?

I work as a POS(point of sale) attendant. Although, I work for someone as I'm doing this job temporarily to gain some fund before going back to school.

Just last week, I got called by boss on phone and was told to go to the bank to withdraw some fund. I got told the amount and I was kinda shocked, before this, the largest amount I ever withdrew was 200,000 in Naira( thanks about $479) although that was much for me. My boss told me to withdraw 500,000 naira($1,194), although I used a backpack because it wouldn't fit in on my wallet. Till date that's the largest amount of money I've had with me. Share your experience and tell us the largest amount you've ever had with you.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I am particularly surprised at the point-of-sale business is actually very popular in Nigeria right now and I do not even have an idea about how much people have been making but I think it is going to be very good with the way in which shops are popping around everyday . It is also true that this kind of businesses are going to expose you to handling a lot of money that ordinary small businesses are not going to expose you to . I think the largest amount of money that I have ever had in my account was up to 400,000 naira. This was actually looking for my class as it was sent to my account so that I can be able to distribute it to everybody. In our school all the students are entitled to monthly allowance and whenever we go for a field trip , the money is usually deposited into my account so that I can be able to withdraw it from the bank and then give everybody in cash. I have also conducted with a lot of money in the past but I do not think there is any other one that has been close to this one.