What's Emergency Fund?

Suba

Staff member
The term emergency fund is familiar to us, because many people have talked about what an emergency fund means, why do we set aside an emergency fund, or do we need to save an emergency fund.
Emergency Fund as the name implies is a fund that we can use anytime, anywhere, especially for unexpected events. although the main priority for unexpected events but if you really need it can also be used for other purposes so it is flexible.

Emergency Fund for Unexpected Cases
There are so many events that we didn't expect before, such as a family member getting sick, natural disasters such as floods or earthquakes, houses or cars being damaged, so we need a rather large amount of funds. also as a standby in case of termination of employment with the company so that we will be unemployed for several months, so that we can use emergency funds to meet our needs while we are still unemployed.

Emergency Fund must be ready to use
Ideally emergency funds can be cashed out quickly or liquid, also stored in a safe place. Perhaps at this time the best is a bank ATM card, because it is easy to cash out anywhere and anytime, Although there is nothing wrong, we save some of our emergency funds in the form of cryptocurrency. Because at this time there are so many crypto exchanges that we will be easy to sell and fast we can cash out.

What is the ideal amount of Emergency Fund
According to financial experts, the amount of emergency funds that must be prepared, which is between 6 times or 12 times your salary a month, and of course you can collect emergency funds regularly.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
No one prays for unexpected thing to happen but since life is a risk. We should be expecting anything thay happens. That's the reason why we need to be keeping some money as extra in order to sort out some cases when they happen as they may affect the person if not urgently care for.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job, I was saving money in emergency funds. When I lost my job I was able to use the emergency funds and managed to live comfortably for 4 months even without earning a penny. I was also able to use emergency funds when I had Covid.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have saved money as an emergency funds. This emergency funds will allow me to pay for accidental or sudden use. Let say I encounter an accident, until my health insurance settles the coverage I need money to settle my medical bills. Here lies the importance of setting up an emergency funds.