What would happen when the internet goes down for a long period?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Most businesses are now dependent on the internet. Sometime before the pandemic era there was a problem in the gateway of our country’s technical backbone. We had no internet for a day (I think it was more than 24 hours). Businesses that are relying on online connection had to get back to the manual procedure. Now this question that is hard to answer – what would happen to the business when the internet is down for a long period like a week or more?

Big corporations have their own network. Their main office is connected to all their branches. However, I have learned that their system is using the internet which means the system will not function without the internet. Is your business prepared for this eventuality when a calamity hits your country?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't see that happening because if your service from your internet service provider is down you can always use cellular data and stay connected or even go to the places where internet connection is available. Since you have asked hypothetically, I will answer hypothetically. When internet goes down, the world will be at standstill.

AfriPeeps Official

That's a very thoughtful question, everything will simply go down along with it, and if it continues that way, then we are going back to the time of the ages when there was no internet at all. Many people like me will have issues coping with that type of situation.

Jonaville

Imagine how life would be without internet oh, I don't even want to think about it! Apparently everything will just go upside down because basically life today is all about internet and technology. Most people have online businesses, most people use internet to promote their business. so obviously it won't be good news.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, if the internet goes down for a really long period of time, then I will be suffering becuase I solely depend on the internet to make money daily and my work will be seriously affected. I also work/invest on a few websites that require me to visit them daily. Otherwise, I will be suffering from a loss if I do not visit them if the internet goes down.