What work from home jobs are legit?

johnson6752

Have you ever wondered if working from home was a reality? You know, the type of job where you work for a company and they don't care where you live as long as you can do your job? Well, it is. And there are tons of legitimate opportunities out there for those who want to make a living without having to commute to an office. There’s never been a better time to ditch your nine-to-five at a cubicle and pursue one of these flexible jobs. Here are some legitimate work-from-home opportunities.
#1. Freelancing:

A freelancer is a self-employed worker who provides services to companies on a contract basis. If you have skills, such as writing, editing, design, or coding, you can turn those skills into profit by selling your services to companies in need of these skills. You don't need any start-up costs and there's no limit to how many clients you can take on at once. The more clients you take on, the more money you'll make.

#2. Data Entry:

Data entry is one of the most popular work-from-home opportunities and it's an excellent way to get started with freelance work because there's very little skill required for this type of job. Basically, all data entry jobs involve transcribing information from paper or electronic records into computerized formats like Excel spreadsheets or word documents. All that's needed is a computer with an internet connection and typing ability - which pretty much covers everyone!

#3. Being a Virtual Assistant

If you're looking for a work-from-home opportunity but don't have any experience with that type of work, then being a virtual assistant is for you. This position offers an easy way to get started in the field of digital marketing and works well for those who want to do administrative tasks and projects. Virtual assistants can be hired through websites, such as FlexJobs and LinkedIn, or via job boards like Career Builder and Monster. They can also find opportunities by searching on work-at-home job boards. Some companies hire virtual assistants to help with emails, social media, data entry, organization, scheduling appointments, customer service, and more. The hours are flexible and there's no commute!

#4. Content Writer​

Content writers can work from home and make a great living. The pay may not be as high as you’ll see for a writer at a major publishing house, but the hours are flexible and you can do your writing from anywhere with an internet connection. You’ll need to have a portfolio of content under your belt before you apply for this position, but if you’re able to write in-depth articles about any topic, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.

#5. Social Media Manager​

Social media managers are responsible for promoting brands on social. A social media manager doesn't need any previous experience because all they do is a post to social media accounts, generally on behalf of a company. They generally make anywhere from $25-$90 an hour.

#6. Work at Home as a Translator​

Translators are in high demand and it's a field that you can really work from anywhere. You can start by becoming a freelance translator on sites like Upwork or translating documents for others. If you have a good grasp of two languages, then this may be an option for you.

#8. Insurance

Insurance policy is an industry that employs a lot of telecommuters, and also the work-from-home jobs available are fairly diverse-- consisting of experts, evaluators, case supervisors, insurance policy agents, as well as placements in IT as well as task management. While numerous insurers work with these placements directly as work-from-home work, others may use versatile alternatives for existing staff members or part-time telecommuting.

#9. Medical

Although functioning from home is not usually connected with the medical area, a shocking number of clinical tasks can be performed from the house. The line of work includes medical transcription, clinical coding, and online nursing. Also, some pharmacologists function from residence assessing prescriptions, looking after transfers from one pharmacy to one more, as well as offering therapy on making use of medications.

#10. Online Education and learning

The available online education tasks now extend a large range of credentials in candidates; whatever from extremely knowledgeable educators with master's degrees as well as teaching certifications to university students with a knack for tutoring. Numerous businesses, like QKids and VIPKID, employ individuals to educate English to kids in foreign companies.

Why Work from Home?​

Working from home is not only cost-effective for the employer, but it also allows the employee to pursue a lifestyle that’s more in line with their family or personal needs. Working from home can be a great way to spend more time with your children, get exercise, or take care of other commitments while still earning an income.

Conclusion​

Do you want to work from home? There are a number of ways to make a living from a remote location. Working from home is an alternative to the traditional 9-to-5 job. A work-from-home opportunity can range from working as a freelance writer to managing social media for a company. It's important to understand what you're getting into before jumping into a work-from-home opportunity.

Eva Dav

Proofreader could be added to your list. Proofreaders are needed. They focuses on correcting minor errors and inconsistencies (for example, in punctuation and capitalization). Proofreaders often also check for formatting issues, especially in print publishing

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If I see an opportunity to work from home I would rather choose to be a content writer because that is what I was learning before , but I have to give up because of some reason base known to me which I believe I will still be able to revive my writing skill in the future when I have a laptop.

Any online business as I understand is even more difficult nowadays for people to make money from , it is not about learning a skill but how you can monetize this skill that you are learning is always the problem in most cases.

A lot of people are really interested to work online because it gives them the conveniences and save them of all the stress that they have to move from one place to another on daily basis if they are to take an offline job.

In as much as a we are also interested to make money from the internet there are also thousands of people who are also looking for an opportunity to make money and as a result of this there is so much competition in the online space ,, online space is a worldwide community that is why it is so difficult.

Caramelle

Nowadays, due to the pandemic, even call center jobs that used to be performed in a secure and insulated office with professional-grade equipment are now being done at home under the work-from-home arrangement. Many business process outsourcing companies are providing these schemes to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees. They usually provide the equipment and data allowances to enable their employees to maintain the work standards that are being implemented in the head office. Considering the savings and convenience they can enjoy from these arrangements, many are now opting for companies that offer WFH schemes.

Many accountants and bookkeepers are expanding their career choices by joining groups that train and deploy virtual bookkeepers. Such jobs will usually require being computer-savvy and technically competent. Some jobs will also require performing common administrative work and being knowledgeable about basic bookkeeping and tax laws in another country. Some clients may require knowledge of accounting software including Quickbooks, Xero, MYOB, etc. Accountants with appropriate certificates and accreditations may be able to teach accounting courses formally online through recognized educational institutions that now implementing online instruction.​

E

eldavis

The internet has made it alot easier to earn money from any part of the world and anywhere, including from home. Another good way to make money from home is through affiliate marketing, these days alot of persons have started giving affiliate marketing a try, though it can be quit tough at the very beginning but with time it is totally worth it. Working form home saves you from the stress of traffic and looking for what to wear, lol. It also saves what you might spend on transportation.

Kendy

Verified member
There are many ways to make money online without having to go through the rigorous stress of traffic and the hustle and bustle it comes with. Working from home has tantamountly become a way of living where many people have choose to adopt especially during the chain or wave of the covid-19 pandemic. The pandemic was a blessing in disguise for some people because they tilted to learning skills and augmenting their skills as well.

Trading is one of the most embraced work from home jobs, where everyone literally wants to learn cryptocurrency or forex trading according to their technicalities. It is safe to say that trading has now become a source of livelihood for some individuals, wholesome use it as a passive income. Transcribing has also become one of the most sought for by companies, most especially if you are proficient in; Latin, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Italian, French and English as a native speaker. It is one of the highest paying jobs in the freelancing eco-system and this is why some individuals tasks themselves to learning one or two of those languages enlisted. Also, social media marketing is also a lucrative way of earning online, where you are an influencer for brands and products and you can use diction to the consumers appeal.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Content will continue to be one of the avenue to make money online if you are good at writing different articles. SEO writing is the most demanding of all the writing services in the freelance Marketplace.

This means to render the service you need a basic knowledge about how to write a content or an article on a particular type of keyword.

You can even enroll for online courses in order to learn about SEO writing. This is going to give you an edge and put you on the fast track on how to render quality service as an SEO writer.

The opportunity is endless if you are rendering quality service. You are going to have more job to yourself if you always satisfied clients with your writing skill and service.

Freelance marketplace is the common place where you can trade your writing skills but it is too competitive. I will advise you to go over to the internet marketing fulham's and make use of the marketplace there to display your writing skill service.

You need to start by offering your service at moderate price and give quality service in return. You might be lucky and win couple of lifetime client from this forums if you offer a top-notch service.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I would love to work as a transcriber from home. However, since I am not a native English speaker, I often find it really hard to understand the words spoken by the speaker on the recorded audio. This makes it harder to transcribe. However, since I can do much better transcribing Indian accent, I think I could earn money by transcribing audio in such kind of accent. The problem is that not many transcribing websites have projects that provide you with transcription files with such kind of accent. So making money by transcribing audio is not on my list of online money making opportunities.

I have written articles for a few clients and I got paid for my work, but the pay rates were not at all high. I mainly focus on trading and paid to post sites to make money. I will also be planning to invest in many online investment sites. I do not really like data entry jobs because they are quite tiresome and most of them scam people. I was being offered an offline data entry job in my city and they were asking me to pay before joining. It was a scam and I think any kind of online or offline job that requires you to pay money before you actually join is a scam.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Being a content writer is one of the online jobs that I desire the most. This is because I am really passionate about writing. The good thing about content writing is that you can either offer it as a service to others or do it as a self employment. As a self employment, you can build your own blog and post content there. You can also create ebooks and sell them online through sites like Amazon and advertise them in social media sites.

Another earn from home method that I like alot is tutoring, though I have never gotten such jobs. I love it because I love sharing information with people alot. I love teaching other people and tutoring other people would be a great opportunity.

Some of those earn from home jobs that you have mentioned require one to be a professional. For example those medical jobs like online nursing and a doctor consultant may require you to post your credentials before being hired. So if you are a professional in any area, you should search online and maybe you may find a job in it. Even some freelancing platforms require you to post your certificates so as to get accepted by them.

Skysaint

Verified member
When it comes to working from home, my senses will always take me to the online method of earning as that is one of the characteristics as well as an advantage of online businesses. Virtually all online businesses can be operated from home as you don't need a physical contact in other to go on with make a business deal.
So anyone could possibly try out offering freelancing services or going into affiliate marketing, forex trading, cryptocurrency investment and trade and the rest of it. But the aforementioned actually need to to develop your skill in anyone you find interesting to go into.
Whenever someone wants to work from home and earn money, they all should come online.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several profitable things you can do sitting at the comfort of your home and make some good amount of money. Over the years, there are many online businesses that are coming out and people are venturing into these businesses even with the high amount of competition on it. The truth is that if you don't have proper knowledge about a particular online business you will definitely not succeed on it because competition is very high and the only people that are smart and have proper knowledge about the business that will succeed on it. One of the best businesses I could recommend for anyone is freelancing like you have stated. Freelancing is good in the sense that if you have any digital skill like transcription or web designing then you can definitely make a whole lot of money offering such services to people around the world. There is no doubt that freelancing is very competitive but there are some skills you need to make a whole lot of money on it. Like I always advise people to have copy writing skill in order to scale through. Affiliate marketing is also another good venture in which you can make a whole lot of money from.

D

Deleted member 13140

Social media marketing is my best, yeap, its completely easy, (well don't mind that word, the social media marketing is easy in general but the social media aspect of it isn't easy)

When I say the social media aspect of it I mean the growing of your social media platform followers, that is the hassle.

The thing is that people think it's a hassle, where as in truth it's actually not, all you have to do is change your mindset from I have to grow my following and make money, to I'm just going to start posting everyday and doing what I have to, in other to help people and see what happens.. and believe me, I've heard and seen the stories, things will happen

Hennie

From my personal experience, I can say that freelancing platforms like Upwork and Fiverr can be great places to start. You can offer your skills and services, whether it's writing, graphic design, programming, or something else entirely.
Another option is remote customer service jobs, where you assist customers over the phone or through chat support. Companies like Amazon and Apple often hire remote customer service representatives.

Umar Shahzad

Yes, most people prefer to work from home. SEO content marketing/guest posting is most popular because everyone wants quality backlinks to improve your website ranking in Google.