What are the best part time jobs for stay at home parents?

King bell

VIP Contributor
When people talk about the best jobs, they usually mean full time work that can be done from anywhere. For stay at home parents, this is less the case. Finding part-time work may not be as easy as finding a job with flexible hours and a flexible location. What are some of the best options for staying home with your kids?

According to Pew Research Center and U.S Department of Labor statistics, stay-at-home mothers make up 8% of workers in America today and more than 30% of employees who have children under 13 years old at home.

Below are ideas for stay -at-home parents that work well with children of all ages.

Babysitting is an obvious choice. New parents might prefer to have you come to their home and watch their kids, but many parents like the opportunity to take a break in an environment they know and trust, like a friend or family members house. You can charge more when you go to the client's house as opposed to a public area such as McDonalds or Starbucks. In any case, make sure you have the mom's cell phone number before you leave. The last thing you want is to be in the middle of the woods with a crying baby.

Maid service may not be ideal for those who don't mind getting their hands dirty, but might bring in some good money if you can convince your spouse that living quarters are cleaner than before. Cleaning jobs are versatile and often work great for stay-at-home parents, especially if kids are young or a business is involved.

Pet-sitting may actually be the best fall back option for stay-at-home parents. This is a great way for stay-at -home parents to make extra money, even if it's part time. You will need to charge about twice as much for pet-sitting than babysitting or maid service since this is most likely a one off job and you will require your own transportation.

If you have an in home daycare, this can help you keep your hours consistent when kids are young and free up more time during the week to do other things.

anil02

Verified member
It is the time when women are some more sincer for their profession. After marriage they have not problem but after having child they have many problems. In joint family caring baby is not problem but in single families caring baby is problem. Some employers are providing day care service for kids. But if it is not available than day care center is only option. This work don't need to much money. Woman of any age can do it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think the best part time jobs that parents should do need to be working online. if you are caring for children in your home already, then it isn't good to work outside the home. You can just sign up online and do different tasks to make money. This is even better with those in tier 1 countries where almost all sites give them Access to their tasks so you can do a lot of tasks online and some of these sites are high paying and legit that one can make good money off it.

Well, if one has the time then taking the menial jobs you have listed above can also help. But it will be good to set a good time that would not clash with the working in the home. Jobs like walking the dog or tending to them will not take much of one's time. one can do this as a stay at home parents

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Part of the most credible part time jobs that are available and very credible are online and I think the major reason behind that is the fact that online jobs are easily done from home and are available for a wide range of age, qualification and status.

You have made good research and outlined a lot of part time jobs that can be suitable for house wives.

For adding purpose I think I will lie to mention a credibile offline job which can be taken on a part time basis.
Online tutoring is very good work especially in a time when activities are becoming very digitalised and with the surge of the Pandemic which warrants that physical contact must be limited, including schooling: online tutoring has become very prevalent and credibile.

Online classes must not be only on academic basis but you can start online classes to teach various skills and things that you have experiences on.

anil02

Verified member
I think the best part time jobs that parents should do need to be working online. if you are caring for children in your home already, then it isn't good to work outside the home. You can just sign up online and do different tasks to make money. This is even better with those in tier 1 countries where almost all sites give them Access to their tasks so you can do a lot of tasks online and some of these sites are high paying and legit that one can make good money off it.

Well, if one has the time then taking the menial jobs you have listed above can also help. But it will be good to set a good time that would not clash with the working in the home. Jobs like walking the dog or tending to them will not take much of one's time. one can do this as a stay at home parents
It is the problem with online job that only peoples who are living is tier one countries can earn livelihood with online work but peoples like me who are not from tier one countries can't earn it. So for us online work is only for some extra earning or these are good for retire person to spend time.

Rubz

These are all nice ideas but in my opinion, the best partime jobs for stay at home parents are online jobs. Most online jobs are at one's one convenience and one can do it from the comfort of one's home. You can be your own boss doing an online job whereas doing the above jobs you mentioned, requires you to work for someone and most married people would not like that.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
These are all nice ideas but in my opinion, the best partime jobs for stay at home parents are online jobs. Most online jobs are at one's one convenience and one can do it from the comfort of one's home. You can be your own boss doing an online job whereas doing the above jobs you mentioned, requires you to work for someone and most married people would not like that.
I fully agree with you. All ideas mentioned above are very nice but I believe that online jobs are ideal for stay-at-home parents. When they work online, they can work from the comfort of their own homes without a boss and they can have flexible working hours to arrange their daily schedule as they wish.

anil02

Verified member
Person who are doing off line work and want to earn some extra earning nothing best than online work. Like it online work is best one for a retired person with online work they can spend time and also earn for them. For a retired person who are living with children bread and cloth is not proble cash for personal use is problem. With doing online work retired person can spend graceful life