What other things do you value more than money?

Money is not all it takes to live a perfect life. Although, it is important we have money, but there are other valuable things we cherish more than just money. I'll be making a list of things I value more than just making money/wealth.

1. My health/life: Health is life they say, I do agree that you need money so you can have insurance to cover medical bills and emergencies, but money can't necessary improve your health if you stick up to junks, smoke or live a sedentary lifestyle.

2. Time: How you spend your time matters, no one will live forever, that's for sure. What you do with your time can add more values than money does for you. Time can only be spent, once it's gone, it's gone forever.

3. Respect: Respect to me is more valuable than money. Respect is something we all want in life. No matter the amount of money you have, if respect is not associated with your character, sorry to say but it's useless. Money will not buy you true respect.

4. Family: Your family should be your top most priority. If you have a good/supportive family, you don't need to care too much about money. All you need is your family, happiness, love, satisfaction and care. Money can't buy all those mentioned above.

These are the things i cherish and care for/value more than money. You can do well to share yours and do well to read my previous threads/articles. That will be much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 13140

Well as much as we humans of course will value health, and life but without money you could be really sick and wouldn't know, here is what I mean, in developed countries their citizens are advised to go for a check up every once in a while and the reason being that maybe just maybe you even an underlying disease and you weren't Aware, plus it it's a deadly one and it continues to mature over time and mature over time, one day it'll just kill the person off.

So yes health is extremely important but with money you can make sure you don't fall sick and also with God of course

2. Time, I agree with you on time, no one lives forever that's why when am I public and wee people wasting their time with nonsense things it usually annoys me, most of them waste their time with girls or boys, which is worse because for a guy the girl might eventually ditch you and marry someone that is rich and you would be there stranded

3. When most people think of respect they think of bullying other people, being mean to people so they’ll see the illusion you're trying to create, but respect can be gained through kindness empathy and other soft skills as well.

4. And most importantly family is everything whether you have one that supports you or not, your family will always remain your family

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many things that I value more than money. I think that family is definitely one of the things that many people would value more than money. Majority of the people would earn money for their family members. We earn money so that we may improve our lifestyle and the lifestyle of our family. So money is important to keep our family in a much better position. If a person loses his family, then for whom will he earn money? Almost all the people earn money for themselves, but earning money for the family is also important. So family is the first priority of many people. Secondly, many people would never compromise their morals for money.

They live by their own principles of life and they never break those rules. They believe that rules and principles are more important than wealth. Apart from that, many people would also never compromise health for money. This is because if you are healthy, then you will enjoy life. I have seen many people quitting their high-paying jobs because their health was not in a better condition. Some people would prefer their dignity over their wealth. Wealth is very important in life, but it might not be every thing in life.

Wiserr

You know money is a necessary things that each and everyone of us need to leave his or her life, I can also say without money it will be very hard for us to survive it,we need money to take care of our needs and also provide for the family. Money is very important thing that we need but I want to say there's some many things that money cannot do, get to think of it money can but bed but it cannot buy sleep money can buy you watch but it can't buy you time in short money can only buy perishable things.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, first I think it's spirituality, that's is my essence of being, I value that more than money.

Then health, even though I understand that health depends mostly on finances, I'll choose health over everything because without that you won't be able to do anything.

Money, is everything but we need to understand that it's not really everything we shouldn't give up our sanity just because we want to make money, our relationship with money is not be parasitic, it should be value driven, if you keep on chasing money it will be very hard to get rich because you will always be going after what everyone is going after.

Understand that the money you make is solely based on the amount of value you create, and to make more money you need to solve a large problem that a lot of people will be willing to pay for.

If you keep on chasing it, it will never come to you.

Keep your priorities straight and get a way you can build a money system for yourself, so that you'll be able to feel what it feels like to have money.

If you're mentally developed no matter how much you have the void will still be there.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
To me the whole thing is really very complicated because without money health and life may even be useless , so all those things are needed in the right proportion for everything to be balanced , you can't make stop making money just to be comfortable in terms of health.

To me the most important thing is just life because that is what controls every other part of human activities and we really have to value our life as everything depends on it because when life is not there the possibility of making money is also won't be available .

My family is also very important and without family how you could be happy in your life ? you will be so lonely and as a result I also place much value on family than any other thing but that does not really mean that I have to neglect my responsibility of making money , I also consider money to be the most important thing because when there is money you will be able to take care of your family perfectly.

At this stage you should rather focus on making money so every other things l look possible to achieve as a man

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are so many things I value more than money in this life. I believe if I have them all and I didn't have money it is just a matter of time, I am going to make the amount of money I want. These are some of the things that I value more than Money

God
I am going to sound a bit religious here. what is the essence of having all the world in this world and lose the relationship with your God. My belief is that a good personal relationship with God can bring about anything I want in this life.

Health
Health is the real wealth we have. I value my health more Than Money. The reason is that if I lots of money and I don't have health, I am going to spend all day money so as to have my sound health back.

Mental Health
Mental health is also important. There is no way you are going to enjoy your money if you are not in a good emotional state of mind. it is other people who are going to enjoy your wealth if you have mental issue.

Time
if you lose all the money in this world there is probability that you are going to regain it. The case is quite different wait time, the time lost can never be regained so it is good to spend time judiciously.

Family
If I lose all the relationship with people out there I still have my family standing behind me even if I'm not bringing good things to the table. If you don't have a good family there is no way you will enjoy your money.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I understand that the world has now become a little bit difficult and you will have to struggle a lot before you can be able to make money and that is why a lot of people usually attach money as their top most priority and they are going to do even or odd jobs to ensure that they are going to get it . There are so many things that I actually place in high regard together with my need for money.
1. The first one is my family and no matter how much I have made in life or how far I have been able to drift I always try to make time for my family and ensure that they are always comfortable and filled with joy.
2. Humanity. I always believe that as human beings we should always try to be kind to each other and try to maintain a positive relationship with everybody around us . This is why I am always happy whenever I see people try to extend an act of kindness or I see where the people in the society trying to give back in order to help other people who are less privileged to scale through.