Business Ideas What method of pricing do you use

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You could be a manufacturer , retailer, or wholesaler , there are many thing that might be considered before giving a price to a product , because you as a retailer or wholesaler and even manufacturer dont want to make loss at the end but some percentage , most producers tends to consider the cost of production ( the cost they make use of when producing the goods) and many other things , that tends to affect the price of the product both on thhe short run and the long run, while the retailer or wholesaler could consider the transportation cost and other means to give price to the product , what method of pricing do you consider mostly when giving your product price?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Aside from the factors that you mentioned in the post , price could also be determined by the price in the competitive market. You want to make sure that the price of your product is not higher than the price of your competitors. You can make the price a little lesser than the competitor's product .
Price could also be determined by the government policy

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Aside from the factors that you mentioned in the post , price could also be determined by the price in the competitive market. You want to make sure that the price of your product is not higher than the price of your competitors. You can make the price a little lesser than the competitor's product .
Price could also be determined by the government policy
Yeah the government policies also matters because the government could create a price regulation body , so that those retailers and wholesalers that usually hike the sales of goods unnecesarily wont be able to do so , i think its one of the factor that contributes greatly to pricing , in some countries such regulatory body functions properly while some they dont function well

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is a post I wrote sometimes ago that talked about the factors that determine the price of goods and service. There are things to be considered before fixing price and in most cases, the demand force always play the major role. You cannot set a higher price for your goods if the market for the goods is low no matter how much you spend on your production cost

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Price of goods can be determined by so many factors....As a producer you have to consider the amount of resources put in place to produce a product. The cost of a good will be determined by its resource. But before setting a price for a particular product, you have to make sure there are buyers on ground or you have already advertise your products and even done promotions, during this period, so people can be aware of the price.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I sell services. The price I set for my service depends on the level of hardness and the time spend on doing a job. Let say, someone hires me to build an app. How do I decide how much should I charge? My price depends on the kind of app I am building and the time I need to spend on building an app. That's how I price my service.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Right now I do not sell a lot of products. A lot of my son is actually is done selling of services. I determine by price based on many factors like what the person wants me to do, how difficult it is and the time that it will take me to complete it together with how good I think I am on that particular subject and the price that is obtainable elsewhere in the market