Shares/Stock What makes stock market different from forex trading?

marcusfe

Overtime I've been hearing people talking about stock and comparing it with forex. The forex trading I know of has a trading platform where you different trading charts, market analysis tools which the users can study to help in arriving at the best decision. As many stock experts talk about it in comparison to forex trading my concern is does stock also has a trading platform like forex where traders cake come to such the market movement and action before making decision. The little knowledge I know about stock makes me think that it's traded virtually based on the experts market analysis and the current situation that occur in the field.

Samuelkanu

Trading stocks and trading Forex are totally two different things. If you are trading stocks you are dealing with companies who have shares to sell or buy. The value of their shares might go up or come down. But forex trading involves selling one currency pair. You also make money if the currency goes up all comes down. So forex trading and the stocks market are two different businesses though seems similar as you can invest to make money if one appreciates or or falls in value.