What kind of business would you suggest for someone who is newly retired?

Skysaint

Verified member
It is normal that being retired from work is really a very bad situation most of us have passed through or are going to face in the futuret. Let's take for instance that a married man with kids happens to be retired or someone who has the responsibility of taking care of the siblings got retired.
What business online or offline would you recommend to such a person going through such to do in other to gain income to be able to meet up with his former earning or even above it?
I personally would recommend s/he goes into offline business such as fish pond business, agricultural farming business as in my opinion online business won't be beneficial to those in this kind of situation. So what do you guys think?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
As for me the type of business that I will like to suggest to a newly retiree is poultry and fishery. First that will not require much stress and at the same time it will give the person time to exercise oneself.
Because during this time they really needed to health and not just to be sitting down doing nothing.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is why it is always good to plan for retirement. It's never easy to be alive without a concrete plans during retirement. If the money is available going into farming will be the best bet. At least there will always be food both for primary and secondary use for a long time

uforwealth

Verified member
Setting up a business unit requires capital and involves risks so I don't suggest any business to the retiree at old age.

If the person in question can write error free articles, he or she can work as a freelancer on freelancing websites and make a lot of money because there are demands for articles writers on a daily basis and this will continue as far as content creation is concerned.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The person you are talking about has laptop and internet connection, I I will advise him to come online to start doing get paid to post comment. I have seen some people who are far older than most people doing these things and they are happy with the amount they are making every month.

Skysaint

Verified member
As for me the type of business that I will like to suggest to a newly retiree is poultry and fishery. First that will not require much stress and at the same time it will give the person time to exercise oneself.
Because during this time they really needed to health and not just to be sitting down doing nothing.
Yeah, I agree with you. Suggesting Poultry and fishery business for a retiree isn't a bad idea, atleast in my locality those are a very lucrative kind of business for some who doesn't have a white collar job. I will not only generate income for a retiree but also a means of exercise as you said especially to the old aged ones.

Skysaint

Verified member
The person you are talking about has laptop and internet connection, I I will advise him to come online to start doing get paid to post comment. I have seen some people who are far older than most people doing these things and they are happy with the amount they are making every month.
You are right if the person you speak of is an old retiree. What if actually this person in question still have kids to take care of and there isn't much employment opportunity around. I don't think the cash earned from engaging in paid to post sites will be enough to take care of his family, the best is to go into farming business and maybe invest in a cryptocoin for future profits.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am a retired employee and I miss my office job. Although they say that having a business is good for the occupation of a retiree the issue for me is the stress that the business can give me. Health is now my priority and stress has no place in my mind. However, I agree that if I need money then I have to engage in any kind of business that can give me income.

Good luck

Verified member
I would suggest the person should just go into poultry farming instead of sitting down at home doing nothing.Poultry farming is more profitable and lucrative business for someone who just finish serving for thirty or thirty five years in service.while waiting for the gratuity to come in it is advisable to get busy doing something .it also serve as exercises to the body.

Skysaint

Verified member
I am a retired employee and I miss my office job. Although they say that having a business is good for the occupation of a retiree the issue for me is the stress that the business can give me. Health is now my priority and stress has no place in my mind. However, I agree that if I need money then I have to engage in any kind of business that can give me income.
Yeah, being retired will sometimes make one miss you old office job. But staying idle after that could be very boring so it's best to engage in maybe small scale agricultural business just to have something doing and still be able to make some cash at the end. It won't be a bad idea.

Skysaint

Verified member
I would suggest the person should just go into poultry farming instead of sitting down at home doing nothing.Poultry farming is more profitable and lucrative business for someone who just finish serving for thirty or thirty five years in service.while waiting for the gratuity to come in it is advisable to get busy doing something .it also serve as exercises to the body.
Yeah, I would also recommend such business for such retiree in that he could generate income he could use to keep his or her family going. Someone being retired at the age of thirty-five surely do have a family to take care of, and in this case, having something doing shouldn't be a choice but a necessity