What kind of business can you start up with $500

This just popped up my mind and I felt like asking you all what profitable business can you start up with $500? Should I invest in crypto or maybe try some investment platforms online?. I'm not a fan of online business/transactions so I most times think of it as a scam due to the fact I've been scamed more than three times this year by websites claiming to claim a pay some percentage to invest on their websites, without much talking, I'd love to hear your recommendations on how to invest or start up something tangible with $500 thanks for replying.

Kendy

Verified member
$500 can set up an offline business. I would not recommend an online investment unless you are highly skilled or you can have access to a trusted professional who can either help you trade on cryptocurrencies or Forex. For online business, you can create a blog and build it gradually but you should not be highly expectant to make profits immediately, it would depend on your level of creativity, consistency and hard work. You can also invest in stocks and shares in these networking companies if you are in Africa. Networks like; Airtel and MTN offer opportunities for investors where you would get you shares at the allocated time. This is more genuine and secured because your funds are safe. For offline businesses there are many businesses that can be set up but it would most definitely be on a small scale. The cost of renting a shop in some locations might consume the whole amount, therefore it is pertinent to go for lesser ones depending on the location as well. Selling of clothings like first grade thrift wears, opening a small restaurant, selling of phone spare parts and accessories, POS business, selling of provision or food items, selling of female and male foot wears.

Setho

VIP Contributor
$500 is not really too much money if you are going to be realistic and compare it with the recent economic happening in the country. It is also a very good amount of money regardless to start a business with and you are going to have a lot of options but you have to be rest assured that you will have to put in a lot of work if you want to get ahead of the curve .

1. Poultry farm . Poultry farming to me is the best business that you can ever think of starting with this amount of money provided that you are having a good space and the weather condition in your locality is something that is bearable . You can be able to buy the birds and then rare. It is expected that they are going to grow up to table size if they are about 6 months of age.

2. Mini importation . In this part of the business you are not going to be selling a particular product but then you are going to be buying products that you think have high demand from abroad and then sell it off immediately for profit in your country .

Sikapa

Verified member
To me if I'm to share my opinion, then I can say this your question is something one needs to think of it before answering. Firstly, I will ask you the country that you are coming from and the value of $500 in you country. Although it is not much money but maybe if it comes into your local currency, it is somehow enough for you to start something.

You can use $500 to start small business offline of which you can expand it later. As someone said, I can recommend you the type of offline business that you can start will this amount of money but you can do your own enquiries to see which business can help. So my dear at least you can still do something about that amount of money no matter how small it is. I always say "never give small money chance" just try to do something.