What kind of business can i do with #30,000 capital?

funmi

Verified member
Well, I have been thinking on different types of businesses that one can invest into for some time now but have not been able to come up with something reasonable because of the little capital that is available for now.
Right now, I really don't know what I can do with #30, 000. I have actually thought of offline businesses to do but non of it will really produce good profits. I thought of making snacks and selling out to children but after calculating things to buy, I discovered that my capital is not enough to buy those things because goods are very expensive now a days.
So, I will like to learn from many business men and women on this platform what I can do to solve this problem.

Suba

Staff member
Ok, if you have a plan to open a business with a capital of $30,000, actually there are many alternative business fields that you can run, but of course you have to choose especially the field that you are passionate about or hobbies, and your expertise, so you don't feel awkward when running a business. Some of the business fields that require around $30,000 in capital are: Coffee Shop, Laundry, Laptop Service, PC and spare parts sales. Food & Beverage Franchise, Steakhouse, Beauty/cosmetic Shop, Beauty Salon, Baking Ingredients Store, Frozen Food Business etc.

funmi

Verified member
Hello @Suba, thanks for the quick response to my post but I don't really know if you understand what I mean by #30, 000. This is naira not dollars. You will have to convert the money to dollars first before you can tell us what type of business to do.
Well, I have already done the conversion and I got about $50. So, you are going to advise me on what to do with $50. You may it that the money is really small and that is why I find it difficult to know the business I want to invest it with.
I will be looking forward to your reply. The business can either be an online business or on site business. Anyone you believe it is legitimate and profitable. Thanks in anticipation.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The money is damn small but it can still go a long way to start a business especially all those some retail businesses. Meanwhile all these businesses will also depend on the location. The amount as small as it is can make a small business go bigger. In essence, it is not about the starting up capital, but the success depend on the manager.

The following are some of the businesses that can be started by the said amount:

Food business: Thefe is no amount that's not enough for the food business in as much as the money can buy raw foods and prepare it. There is no one that doesn't like food and it is one of the necessities.

Pure water business: just like food, water is essential too. There are some people who volunteer themselves to sell pure water. One can get more than 100 packs of wsternwith such money. And if one just choose near market, motor park and some conspicuous areas.

Selling confectioneries: frying of buns, puff puff, meat pie and mince pie can sell well with such a money and just the way I said we should adopt the same methods we do in the first two businesses I suggested.

Suba

Staff member
Hello @Suba, thanks for the quick response to my post but I don't really know if you understand what I mean by #30, 000. This is naira not dollars. You will have to convert the money to dollars first before you can tell us what type of business to do.
Well, I have already done the conversion and I got about $50. So, you are going to advise me on what to do with $50. You may it that the money is really small and that is why I find it difficult to know the business I want to invest it with.
I will be looking forward to your reply. The business can either be an online business or on site business. Anyone you believe it is legitimate and profitable. Thanks in anticipation.
If you have a capital of around $ 50,000 of course you will have more business fields that you can run, you can choose a type of business that has a faster money turnover, to avoid losses such as: Convection business, Clothing Store, Store that provides basic needs, concept like mini market but it's not a franchise business or you can also open an online shop, there are many choices of goods that can be sold online, but you have to reset the items that are most salable or have the potential to be sold, there are several alternative choices of goods such as baby products, beauty and fashion products, bags etc. You can also choose the type of business that only requires a capital of around $ 30, the remaining $ 20 capital you can use as a reserve fund and business development. Here are a few things to consider when choosing and running a $50,000 business. Learn market needs, choose a strategic place, Branding is pending, and run your business seriously and confidently.

Ajebo25

Verified member
If you want to start your business with 30,000 naira you will need to first sit down and think of the type of business which you want to start and the amount of profits which it will be bringing to you every month if not you might get a lost the main reason why many people fail in their business is to think of the future if you want to start a business start something that people really need and not the type of location and where the location which the people who need the products are wrong location is another thing which makes many people losing their business there's some people sell high fence and put their location in a rural area.

where people cannot be able to afford the things which they sell and they'll be still be complaining that people are not buying their goods sales are the things which you should always look out for watch the location of the things which you want to start if it is small-scale business then you can start it in your house you can buy a couple of things such as pure water biscuits and some other things and start selling them as a retailer