What is the reason for granting birthday leave to employees?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The birthday leave is now getting popular in big companies although I have yet to hear of that benefit in small companies. The birthday leave is a 1 day vacation to give time to the employee in celebrating the occasion. It is a nice gesture of the company much more that the birthday leave is movable within the month. That means you can avail of the birthday leave on the 23rd of the month even if you birthday is on the 2nd day of the month.

Many are now clamoring for the birthday leave in medium sized companies. Their reasoning is that their friends who are working in big companies have the birthday leave. That is just one day of vacation that is easy to grant, they said. However, small and medium sized companies counter that their budget may be affected. What they are giving now is a bonus of 1 day wage as a birthday gift. I’d say not bad at all.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have never heard of this maybe it is only about my country or location. But truthfully, I’m yet to hear anyone talk about a birthday leave but it is all good. If a worker is given a day off to celebrate his or her birthday with friends with a day pay then it is a welcoming development

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This may be a company that recognises how to take care of their staffs very well. But I don't know about this company though, and I'm not really aware that companies do this. Because I don't think in my country you can see any company to grant you such leave. You can be granted marriage leave, honeymoon leave etc... And that's in some reputable companies.

Queentener

The birthday leave is now getting popular in big companies although I have yet to hear of that benefit in small companies. The birthday leave is a 1 day vacation to give time to the employee in celebrating the occasion. It is a nice gesture of the company much more that the birthday leave is movable within the month. That means you can avail of the birthday leave on the 23rd of the month even if you birthday is on the 2nd day of the month.

Many are now clamoring for the birthday leave in medium sized companies. Their reasoning is that their friends who are working in big companies have the birthday leave. That is just one day of vacation that is easy to grant, they said. However, small and medium sized companies counter that their budget may be affected. What they are giving now is a bonus of 1 day wage as a birthday gift. I’d say not bad at all.
This is the first time I'm hearing of something like this a birthday leave definitely not in my country I mean no company in my country will give you a birthday leave no matter how big the company is, non that I know of anyways. So please which country are you writing from and when did this birthday leave culture begins, like is it something that has been in existence for long or it just started recently I would really love to know.

Setho

VIP Contributor
To a lot of people their birthday comes with a lot of significance and it actually means a lot to them. This is the reason why many employers normally give them and holiday or an extra day off during their birthday. This will allow them to reflect about what they have achieved in the past year.