What is the peak of pursuing a career as a teacher?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Teaching has always been regarded as a noble profession and so many young people are getting interested to enter the teaching career. One thing though that everyone desires is to get to the peak of which ever profession they choose to practice.

I am certain that teaching as a profession has a point that someone would get to in the career progression and it would be considered the peak of it. To help the younger generation trying to pursue teaching careers, which pinnacle should they aim for as the highest point of being a teacher? Is it when they become professors that they have peaked in the career or when they become educational consultants that we can safely say that they are at the peak of their careers.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not think that there should be a specific age when you should become a teacher. You could become a teacher at any age and at any time. There are many different kinds of teachers in my country. There are some who are quite young. They may be in their late 20s or early 30s. Some teachers are in their mid 30s and late 30s as well.

However, there are many senior teachers as well in the field. For example, there are some who are above 40 as well and they are usually professors. Some of the are 50 year old as well and they are lecturers in many different universities and they are the kind of teachers who have dedicated their life to this profession.

They are about to retire. Having said that, senior teachers may have a lots of experience and this is why they might be preferred over others. Young teachers are also offered opportunities as well. They usually teach in primary schools in our city. This also depends on the qualification of the teacher. Young teachers might still be seeking a degree and they may have better chances of getting promoted later on by the passage of time.