What is the Most Profitable Agro Business?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't have any experience, but from what I know, raising chickens seems like a really profitable agro business. When you grow vegetables, it takes at least three months before you can sell your produce and make money. When you cultivate rice, wheat, corn you will have to spend 4-5 months before you can make money with your produce. But with chickens for meat, you can sell them in less than 50 days and make a profit. Plus, you can get insurance for your chickens, so if they get sick, like with bird flu, you can get money back. Even if you're just starting out, you can start small, and start making money in less than three months.

Etini

Valued Contributor
All the aspects of agriculture you mentioned are highly profitable in different ways. I rear chickens for meat and eggs too. The foregone alternative to quick returns with meat chickens is that profit margins are very small. With a poultry operation of producing eggs, it takes a longer gestation time but the profits are higher in margins and more sustainable.

I said that to emphasize that there is no single arm of agricultural business that can be said to be more profitable. All of them are highly profitable in their own rights. The important thing is to do the production and business parts right.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not have direct experience in any kind of agro based business but my parents started farming after retirement. I do not think poultry is the most profitable business, I believe raising cattle for milk and meat can be more profitable. For selling milk and meat, you can even sell manure. The demand for meat is growing and you can make a lot of money. If you sell milk, you can make money in 30 days or even a day if you sell for cash