General insurance What is the minimum age requirement to go into insurance?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is always age barrier when it comes to high risk investment scheme. In gambling, it is set at age 18+ to reduce the system abuse, and avoidance of under age entering into betting and being exposed to early high risk taking that causes high blood pressure and sleepless nights when the predictions fails at last gasps.

I believe so in insurance, their will be such set rules, to curtail its system abuse. When everyone is accepted both under age, it affects the long term success cos children take's it down and abuse it.

I've read several publications it seems insurance have no set age when it comes to being insured long term. Infants can be covered by their own parents.

what about teenagers do they go seek insurance as well?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to buy an insurance policy, there is a minimum age requirement, at least in my home country. Insurance companies sell the policy only if the child is at least one month old (that's because the child's mortality is high). Once your kid passes that minimum age requirement, you can insure him/her

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you want to buy an insurance policy, there is a minimum age requirement, at least in my home country. Insurance companies sell the policy only if the child is at least one month old (that's because the child's mortality is high). Once your kid passes that minimum age requirement, you can insure him/her
That's the first time I'm hearing about this. That a child who is above one month can get insured provided the mortality is high. Here in my home country I believe even in the womb the child can still get insured, lol. All they're looking for is simply selling their premium and making money out of it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is really no age requirement to buy an insurance package. I think that there are countries where parents buy insurance packages for their children in order to protect their property and their life generally. Insurance has no age barrier from the information i have read online about insurance and other things.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I do not know about other countries but I work in the health sector here and you are eligible to register your child for health insurance as soon as he is one month old. You can be able to get auto insurance from insurance companies if you are 18 years of age and have a driver's licence.