What is the best location of a property to buy?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In a tropical country like the Philippines, the primary concern in buying a property is the flood. Almost in all provinces there are low-lying areas that are prone to flooding during the rainy season. Aside from the flood, another concern is the environment. A residential property in an industrial zone is not a good one because of the noise of the factory and you can be bothered by the trucks that pass by the road. Another issue for me is the position of the property that it should be facing the east. That is not a superstition but more of the practicality. The morning sun is the best for the property's position because the morning sun is the best sunlight we can get. In the afternoon the heat of the rays can be unbearable. Almost all houses here facing the west have their living room unused.

The property you buy, especially if the intention of buying is for your home, should be in the best location. Do not buy a residential property by the main road for you will be annoyed by the noise of the passing vehicles. As much as possible, a residential property should be situated in a residential area.

For me I think it all depends on the capital.likenin my country nigeria.some state or local government are under development.which mean the is that tendency of buying property at any location of your choice .some people here choose to go to rural area where they is no development to buy their property because that is were the can afford it . while some just choose to buy it there at a very low price and sell it multi after some years.

Buying a property could be really tricky. There are many things that you may need to consider before you actually acquire any property such as an apartment or land. Many people actually consider the location and I think that this is a great choice and a major factor. The value of a property tends to increase when it is located in a good locality. Moreover, other factors such as neighborhood also play a big role. An area with high crime rate could damage the value of your property. This is why there are many investors who would be reluctant to invest their capital into such properties.

Secondly, other factors such as the value of the property should also be considered. this is why it is always a good idea to make good anticipations about what would be the overall situation of the real estate market. You must also keep in mind what will be the value of the property in the future. How much would you be earning after paying the taxes and paying the maintenance expenditure in case you do not rent out the property. There are many things that a capitalist must keep in mind before actually making an investment.

The best location to purchase a property would be solely dependent on the kind of venture the property is set out to achieve. For instance, is it a residential property where you would like to rent house for tenants to live? Is it a property that you want to use to build hotels, supermarkets, religious centres, museums, shopping centres,Cinemas or malls? All these should be put into consideration. Also, you need to ascertain the accessibility of the location, you need to ascertain the basic amenities present in the location and you have to ascertain your target audience as well.

You also need to ensure that the location is free from insecurity and criminal vices like terrorism attacks and you should also ensure that the location is free from environmental haphazard or flooding and pollution excesses you should also ensure that this location is going to have potential value in the future you want to resale it, so you can do it at ease without going through much rigorous procedures. Also, you should know the kind of land mass where you buy the property because there are some properties that are actually situated in places which might be used for a landmass in the future so it is always good to employ the services of a Surveyor to ascertain all those factors before making an investment.

I think the kind of business one intends to start will or should determine the type of location that the business should be located. Before sighting a business at a particular location one should check the proximity of the business to it target audience or customers, if the distance is too much then there will be some sought of challenge in reaching the set consumers. And remember we say production is incomplete if the goods and services has not gotten to their final consumers. So one should be mindful of the proximity to the market where the goods or services are needed.

Another major area one should look into should be nearness to raw materials needed for production, this is very essential as it may also have an effect on the cost of production if the distance is too far. Then one may decide to check the cost of transportation even for your staffs the business should be located in a well centralized location where the business organization will not have to spend somuch on transportation cost, as this could have a negative impact on the venture. This issue has affect a friend of mine in his business and he could not retain a staff due to the distance.

In determining the best location to purchase a property, it would depend on what you set out to use the land for. It could be for the purpose of; residence, agricultural activities, for shop outlets or for recreational and vacation houses. Before purchasing a property, you should ensure some necessary factors are checked, like; insecurity, no individual would like to purchase properties or leave in a place where their is security threats and no peace, no matter how cheap the property price tag could be. A real estate investment can be unprofitable when a property is bought and subsequently the location is being invaded by insecurity and terrorist attacks. These will make it difficult for the owner to resale because everyone would be skeptical about the location. Again, when purchasing a property, it is vital to you already have a plan the purpose of the property as this will help you to be strategic in choosing the right location. Location is very important when choosing a property, it should be situated where you can have the ease of achieving your desired objectives or attaining you goals in the long run. Location plays a very vital role in a business in real estate investment. For farming use, it would be best situated in rural or sub-rural areas.

In a tropical country like the Philippines, the primary concern in buying a property is the flood. Almost in all provinces there are low-lying areas that are prone to flooding during the rainy season. Aside from the flood, another concern is the environment. A residential property in an industrial zone is not a good one because of the noise of the factory and you can be bothered by the trucks that pass by the road. Another issue for me is the position of the property that it should be facing the east. That is not a superstition but more of the practicality. The morning sun is the best for the property's position because the morning sun is the best sunlight we can get. In the afternoon the heat of the rays can be unbearable. Almost all houses here facing the west have their living room unused.

The property you buy, especially if the intention of buying is for your home, should be in the best location. Do not buy a residential property by the main road for you will be annoyed by the noise of the passing vehicles. As much as possible, a residential property should be situated in a residential area.
Property on main road for residence is not good idea, If we want to spend life peacefully we must be buy property outside any city, First property at out side city is some cheap than in city, second thing area of outside city have less pollution, At present I am living 2Km away from my city. If you want fast and more appreciation in your property than it better to buy it in the city and on the main road. If we have property on the main road we can use it for commercial purpose

There are a lot of factors that get to determine whether one should buy a property that is in a particular location or not .

These requirements may vary depending on the particular location in which different individuals are located and also the purpose for which the property is intended to serve in the long run .

The fact is that , there is no any specific requirement for individuals to check out for whenever they want to buy a property in a particular location, but what really gets to determine this is , whether or not they're ready to put in the necessary effort in making sure that it meets the purpose for which they are trying to get the property .

In my country , for instance , a lot of property owners try as much as possible to site it in a location where by there is no so much development yet, but there is high hope of such place is turning out to yield better results in the future .

One thing about getting to choose based on this particular requirement is , due to the fact that you will be able to get that property at a very cheap rate and then hold it for long before it becomes valuable for a resale.

Personally I feel it all depends on what the property is to be used for, let's say a person who wants to startup a business, the best location would be in a busy environment and probably close to the road. While a person looking forward to setup a factory, would definitely want a less busy environment but abit close to the road side for easy transportation. In terms of setting up a house, an urban area would definitely create more income in the future.

Personally I would say the best place to buy a property is in an area that is crime free and can gives one peace of mind . Majority of people to buy and own properties today do not put into proper consideration the area in which they are buying these properties especially houses and structures for personal leaving or for commercial purposes . business organisations who are established or built in an area with high crime rate tends to be subjects and victims two miscreants and robbers and hoodlums living in that area , that threaten the life and existence of the business . so in order to avoid this is important that we put into proper consideration the area we want to sit with our business .

For example a private individual or a government may want to build a business or commercial Bank in an area , to be sure that a commercial bank or business bank would be suitable in that area the government must employ officials to carry out a feasibility study about the entire area in which the bank will be situated . These agents must go around the area carrying out surveys by asking questions to passerby's and two households to get information about the particular area . In most cases it could be found out that the area has high crime rate and it is in no way suitable for a bank to be situated there .

Buying property is a tricky situation. And one needs to invest some good time exploring the options. Our budget and to the extent we can stretch ourselves to take a loan( if we have to ) would be the main factor. Also, why and for what use we have to use the property would be a crucial factor too. Whether it's going to be used for residential purpose or for some commercial purpose would be the important one to be considered. And last but not the least, at what stage and age you are plays an important deciding factor. You need to be at comfortable distance from your workplace to avoid the traffic hassles each day. But if you are retired, you would look for a beautiful peaceful location and enough hobbies to keep you engaged. If you are parents of young children, a good school in the locality becomes a good point to be considered.
So rightly said that buying a property can be tricky. You have to keep your budget, purposes, stage of life and age in mind. A good property would be the one that meets all these requirements. It would definitely need some good amount of exploration and search before one nails down the right choice.

Thank you for sharing , it will definitely depend on what we are interested to do with the property
If we are interested to buy because we needs a property for business it must definitely be in the Urban settlement because that is where business will be located for you to be able to make the best profit from your business ,

If you are investing for building of houses , probably the rural settlement or a countryside will be the best because here you won't even have access to so much noise and polluted air if the Urban settlement.

Anyone that is interested to invest have to carry out research concerning the location first , just like you have said , some location are prone to flooding and is very important for us to identify such location because no matter what may happen , this will definitely affect our business or whatever we are interested to do with the location.

Another thing I will always consider when trying to invest is always the security , but a lot of people do not really put this into consideration but to me is very important and must be put in place if I needs to get a property.

Buying properties depends on the level of your taste and the location depends on what exactly you wanted to use the land to do actually , so most time I have some people that buys properties because they wanted to resell it , so they buy , renovate and resell at a higher price, so most people like that always consider location to be very important before buying a house because they know if they bought a house in the village , then the probability of getting a market for it will be very slim ,

Secondly if the properties is meant for living in , then you must think about the location to your place of work , I mean nearness to place of work unless you wanted to relocate to the new house area .

And if its a land that you are thinking of reselling , then you have to also think about the location by buying a land in an urban area or a developing rural area which might be developed within a few year due to rural-urban migration .

What we want to do with property is important factor in buying property. If we want to buy property to do some business than we must be want it in commercial area. And if we want to buy it for residence purpose that we prefer area which is neat and clean also close to other facilities like schools hospital and market. How much money we have for property it is also play important role in deciding area of property.

The availability of business opportunities in a place is another important thing to consider. When there are many business outlets which one can gainfully be employed, it makes the place a very nice place to secure a field/land.

If we want to invest in property to earn rent than I think property in commercial area is best one. But we always remember that property is commercial area is must costly than other area. If we can wait for some years than we can buy property in area which have better chance of development in future.