What do you understand by the word INFECTIONS?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Many types of living organisms can invade and damage the human body.

BACTERIA
These are single- celled forms of life,visible under the microscope. They exist all around us, in the air, in the earth, in the mouth and in the bowel.

They are not all harmful or disease producing(pathogenic), Most are nonpathogenic and indeed may be beneficial.
Bacteria normally present in the bowel many prevent the growth of pathogenic organisms and they help to produce vitamins.

VIRUSES
Viruses are too small to be seen under the microscope. Theylungs
only survive inside living cells since they depend on the nutriment of the cells for rhe it growth and replication.
Viruses are resistant to the action of antibiotics.

FUNGI(MYCOSES)
Numerous fungi or moulds exist in the soil, in decaying vegetation and in the excreta of birds. Fungi can be regarded as a form of vegetation and sometimes are antagonistic to the growth of bacteria- penicillin is derived from one such mould.
Other fungi, known as mycoses, can infect the skin,the mouth(commonly known as thrush), and the lungs

PROTOZOA
These are single-celled parasites, biggervthan bacteria and changing form during their life cycle. Malaria and amoebic dysentery are two widespread tropical diseases caused by protozoa.

METAZOA
Thesr are many-celles organism, the majority visible to the naked eye. They include such parasite as lice, scabies and intestinal worms.
All these are what causes infection and though some are not harmful but many of them can as well damage human body.

D

Deleted member 28127

What I hearing at most it is infected by covid 19 but i don't see this type of infection labelled there may there is one reason behind not listing him as an infection or there is medical explication behind this choice.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
What I hearing at most it is infected by covid 19 but i don't see this type of infection labelled there may there is one reason behind not listing him as an infection or there is medical explication behind this choice.
You are right @lamia,covid 19 is also a virus causing infection which has also dealt with the whole world seriously and many medical precautions has been given to us on how we can prevent it. And it is even better to prevent it not to happen than to be looking for the cure. Thanks for that your reaction.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Bacteria is very common among them all. And the fact is that they are present everywhere of human. Most are even present in the food and our bodies. Virus is very lethal because it is difficult to kill. I think it can exist as both living and non living things which makes it easier to rejuvenate even when kill. We need to maintain good personal hygeine to fight these infections.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Bacteria are the leading causes of all the common infection that is available around the world and it is easily treated and the treatment can be done by altering the building structure and DNA of the bacteria.. some drugs can also stop bacterial infection by activating the antibodies to fight it off and digest it. Virus are the most complicated because of their ability to form resistance to most drugs